Chapter 3

Dipper's POV

I began opening my eyes, the sunlight streaming in through the triangular window. Mabel was lying in her bed, texting someone, probably Stephen. I sat up straight, and climbed out of my bed and walked towards my bag. I grabbed a red shirt and a pair of blue jeans, I walked to the bathroom to get changed.

After putting everything on, I looked at the mirror and sighed. Today I'm going to be seeing a lot of people, some I want to see but others I need to find the guts to even look at. I turn the door nob and walk to Mabel and I's room, she was sitting on her bed dressed and ready for the day.

"Today we are gonna be seeing everyone." Mabel said, excitement ringing in her voice.

"Yeah, great." I replied, honestly seeing everyone is the last think I wanna do. "I guess we better get going, a lot of people to see!"

"Yay!" Mabel said, jumping off her bed and rushing out the door before me. I follow behind her, making my way down the stairs.

I walk into the lounge to see Stan watching tv, "Still watching Ducktective?" I asked.

"It's only reruns, nothing good on tv anymore!" He replied.

"Mabel, where do you wanna go?" I asked her, she was sitting on the floor in front of Stan.

"Let's go to Lazy Susan's Diner!" She replied, I had to agree because food was on my mind at this moment in time. I grabbed my keys and climbed into the car, Mabel soon joined me in the passenger seat.

"There will be a lot of familiar faces in the diner." I said as I started the engine.

"Isn't that great?" Mabel asked in excitement.

"Yeah, great." I replied in a hesitant tone.

"Dipper, stop worrying!" She said.

"It's hard okay!" I said. Everything went silent, I started driving through the town and parked in front of the diner. We climbed out of the car and entered the diner, the diner hasn't changed much.

We slide into a booth, I looked around the room to see if anyone I knew was around. The place was pretty much empty, I gave a sigh of relief and began to scan the menu. A image of a waffle caught my eye, I caught a glimpse of Mabel and I knew she wanted the waffles too.

Lazy Susan was busy taking our orders when I heard the door to the diner open and the little bell ring as it was opened, it was Wendy. I immediately pulled the menu up in front of face so that she wouldn't see me.

"Dipper what are you doing?" Mabel asked and turned her head to see what I was trying to hide from. Just as Wendy was passing our table Lazy Susan took the menu away revealing my face.

"Dipper, Mabel! You guys are back!" Wendy said in excitement. She was wearing black pants, neater boots, a buttoned up green checkered shirt, her red hair was cut shorter but still could be seen through her hat that she always wears.

"Hey Wendy!" Mabel said, getting out of the booth to hug her.

"Hey Wendy." I said, after Mabel sat down I stood up to hug her. All is good so far, she hasn't brought anything up from four years ago. Maybe she had forgotten all about it, maybe she hasn't because I dwell on it every day.

"How have you guys been? Why did you all of a sudden decide to come back?" She asked.

"We've been, great." I replied, slightly hesitant.

"It was our 18th yesterday and as a gift our parents sent us back here!" Mabel said with excitement.

"Wow 18! To think it feels like yesterday when we were singing happy birthday outside the shack for your 13th birthday!" She said. A guy entered the diner, not a familiar face, he must be new. He all of a sudden stood next to Wendy, "Oh guys, this is Adam, my boyfriend." She said, as she said this she wrapped her arms around his one arm and rested her head on his shoulder.