I Almost Do ( A Percy Jackson Story )

Annabeth POV

I gazed out my window of my apartment in the Upper-East end of New York City. Just thinking. It was almost August 18. A lot of thinking came to me this time of year. 

The last time I saw any of my demigod friends and siblings, including Chiron and the gods, I was nineteen. 

Now I'm 26.

There hasn't been one day I haven't look at that phone on the wall and my cell and was tempted to call someone. Nico. Percy. Clarisse. Rachel Elizabeth Dare.

Yeah, Percy and myself broke up. When we were eighteen. Now I was dating someone I worked with. His name was Richard. Of course I call him Rick. My age. We work at the Twelfth Precinct as Homicide Detectives.

Rick and myself had started dating about two months ago. Tonight everyone was having a party, and pulled me into preforming a few songs for them. It had to be about somebody/thing, and it had to had photos or videos. I had a few songs. So I got on a white blouse shirt, some grey jeans, grey tennis shoes, but my hair back in a simple braid, and headed out to the party. With my knife and gun at my side just like any other day.

When I got there Kate Beckett, her finace Richard Castle, Javier Esposito, Kevin Ryan, Lanie Perish, Captain Victoria Gates,and tons of others. It sucked. Rick was sick. But I would live. I lived when Percy went missing for eight straight months. What even happened to everyone? I've had no contact after we all made our seperate ways at Camp Half-Blood. I left last. That place was my home for years.

Now I got this job a few weeks ago. Like everyon everyone else, I started a rookie, and moved up. Now I'm Homicide. And still people are asking me where I came from, what I liked to do, and I told them to wait until the party. So people were anxious to hear me. But first went up Officer Poie, his first name was Tom. He was a good singer. The song was called I'm Moving On.

After Tom was done preforming, Esposito welcomed me up, and people again start asking about my past, who I was, where I came from, all of that stuff.

" Before I preform,," I told them,' I will say it was one hellava ride for me to get here. You will see that in the videos. This first song is called All To Well. This represents a big time in my life. Basically every day after I turned nineteen. Of course you would know it's hard to start off in the world by yourself. But for me it was harder, and you'll see that and learn that the better you get to know me."

The video started  when everyone was saying their goodbyes at Camp Half-Blood. Of course we were all crying. It was goodbye. For a lot longer than nine months. More like seven years. So far. It showed when Percy and me had been dating. All those times in the two years we dated.

They loved the song. Not the video.

" That was. . . depressing," Esposito said," And you've changed since then."

 " I know," Annabeth said," And it that was one of the happiest times ever for me. This next song os called Safe and Sound. It places in my life starting at twelve, and ending at seventeen. Times were tough.  Everyone knew that. 9/11, the black out, eruptions, freak storms. The boy who fell off the Mousourri Arch. All that. I have faint memory of my friends and family telling me everything being okay because I knew no, it would't."

I sang the song, and it shocked them. The war. The hard fall.  All the drama falling into it. And they asked to watch for 45 minutes with sound, so this is what I say.

" Okay," I said," Don't blame me if you get nightmares."

Then I noticed something. Beckett didn't have an engagement ring on her finger, and she wasn't standing next to Castle. They broke up. And some other guy walked in with Sea-green eyes, black hair, and a grey streak with the black. And I knew it right away.

Percy Jackson.