Chapter 2

Chapter 2

As I enter our new house I look around its bigger than the house we had back in England. I don't even bother unpacking because tomorrow I leave for college. I went upstairs to take a quick shower because I don't want to take a shower in college just imagine if someone walks in. After the shower I called Emma

"Hi Emma I just wanted to tell you that my mom and I just got to our house and its huge." I say into the phone.

"Thats good I'm really happy for you that you're finally going to college." She said from the other line.

"Yeah I'm excited. I have to go but I'll text you when I arrive to college." I say as I hang up.

I go downstairs to eat dinner.

"Hows your day been going so far?" My mom asks handing me my plate of food.

"Its been alright." I say as I stuff my mouth with food. I was starving.

"I'm so proud of you for finally going to college." My mom says as a tear rolls down her cheek.

"Mom it will be alright I promise I'll text and call you everyday that I can don't worry I'll be fine." I smile.

"Its just I'm gonna miss you so much. I can't imagine spending days without you." She says.

"I'm gonna miss you too mom. I'll come visit on the weekends." I promised.

We finished eating and put our plates in the sink.

"I better go to sleep to be up early for tomorrow good night mom." I say walking up stairs.

I brush my teeth and go to bed. I really hope I make some friends over at college. As soon as I started drifting off to sleep I remembered something. ASHTON! I forgot to text him. I got out of bed and looked for my phone in my suit case.

To: Ashton

Hi I forgot to text you I just remembered as I was going to sleep all I wanted to say is goodnight I'm going to college tomorrow.

I didn't expect a reply I thought he was already asleep. Minutes later I heard my phone vibrate. I looked at it. Ashton.

From: Ashton

Its okay and I'm starting college too tomorrow whats the name of the university you're going to?

I reply instantly.

To: Ashton

I'm going to one called the University of Sydney

He replied seconds later.

From: Ashton

Really? Oh my god me too! I can't wait to see you there

Thank goodness theres gonna be someone I know going to the same university I was going.

To: Ashton

I hope we get some classes together. Anyways I have to go get some sleep see you tomorrow goodnight.

From: Ashton

Goodnight.

-

The next morning I woke up and I was excited. I went to go brush my teeth and curl my hair. I got some breakfast.

"I'm gonna miss you mom I'll see you on sunday." I promised. I hugged her goodbye and her eyes were full of tears again.

"I really hope your dreams come true you have worked so hard and you deserve this." She says letting go of me.

"I have to go now mom or else I'll be late. I love you mom bye." I say getting my suit cases.

"I love you too Nikki." My mom says as I walk out the door.

I put my keys in and drive off. One of my favorite songs came on the radio. Lego House by Ed Sheeran. Oh how I loved that song.

I realized I have driven for about 25 minutes. I parked my car and entered the huge building.

A really nice lady handed me my keys to my room.

"Thanks." I say nicely and leave to go find my room.

I found the room, I shoved the keys in and turned the door knob. I saw a girl with tattoos and a nose piercing with blonde hair sitting on one out of the two beds.

"Hey you must be my new roommate." She smiles.

"Yeah I am. My names Nicole but my friends call me Nikki." I say

"Nice to meet you Nikki my names Alex." She says holding her hand out for me to shake it. We shake hands. She showed me around the school before my classes start tomorrow. I honesty don't get how a girl like Alex with a lot of tattoos is being nice to a nerd like me.