16. Something There

(François and Archibald are walking towards the Beast and Beau.)
Beau: Oh ehm Archibald, can I talk to you for a minute? Ehm, in private?
Archibald: Sure, mon chèrie.
(They walk for a little bit until Beast and François can't hear them.)
Archibald: What's on your mind, Beau?
Beau: Well I don't know really. He was once so mean and cruel but now...He looks so...kind.
Archibald: Kind?
Beau: Yes, I know it sounds weird but I do think he is changing. It's so weird that I didn't see it there before.
Archibald: You know what? I agree with you but ehm monsieur...
Beau: Yes, Archibald?
Archibald: Shall we get you out of those wet clothes?
Beau: Ehm excuse me?
Archibald: Oh I meant it as in change into some dry clothes. You can have clothes we have here, we'll find you something.
(Beau nods and Archibald walks away with him. But before they completely leave, Archibald gives the Beast and François a sign that it's going the right way.)
Beast: Did you see that, François?
François: What, master?
Beast: When we touched, he wasn't scared of me. He actually touched my paw. And he gives me these looks and I don't what is happening to me.
François: Oh master, I think this is a good kind of changing.
Beast: You..you do?
François: Yes, and my say something?
Beast: Go ahead.
François: Ever since Beau came into this castle, your changing began. In the begining you were well an animal but now, you're starting to get more human a bit.
Beast: Really?
François: I do believe so. I mean look at you. You and me are having a normal conversation about feelings. No shouting or yelling or commanding us to do something for you. I do think Beau is an good influence on your life.
Beast: Hmm yes, I think you're right. I feel so different around him.
(Then Beau appears in a beautiful pink suit, followed by Archibald. The Beast looks at him and is blown away.)
François: *whispers* Now, say something about his suit.
Beast: Uhm it's pink!
(Archibald moves over to the pig hybrid and the beast.)
Archibald: No, he meant as in a compliment.
Beast: Oh uhm, Beau, you uhm look stunning in this uhm suit.
(Beau bows as a sign of appreciation.)
Beau: Thank you.
(Katharine comes with two bowls of soup and places it on the table.)
Katharine: Monsieur, master, the soup is ready.
(They both take place and are enjoing it. The three hybrids are watching it from aside.)
Archibald: I think that Beau is our saviour!
Katharine: I hope so, but I have to agree that something is blooming between them.
François: Yes, the master is changing. He even talked about his feelings! A big step, I'll tell you.
(When the Beast and Beau are done with the soup, the Beast stands up. Beau looks at him a bit confused.)
Beast: Uhm Beau, I've got something to show you. But you have to close your eyes. It's a surprise.
(Beau nods, stands up and closes his eyes. The Beast wants to leave already.)
Archibald: The boy!
Beast: The boy.
(Beast takes Beau's hand gently and guides him to his surprise.)
Beau: May I open them?
Beast: Not yet...not yet...
(They arrive at the library.)
Beast: And, yes!
(Beau opens his eyes and is blown away.)
Beau: I can't believe it! I've never seen so many books in my entire life!
Beast: Do you like it?
Beau: It's wonderful!
Beast: It's yours.
(The Beast walks away to give Beau some alone time.)
Beau: Oh my goodness! So many books, and all for me! Oh he's so kind. No, he's no prince charming but there something in him that I simply didn't see.
(Beau notices a book that he likes.)
Beau: Beast, come quick!
(The Beast comes running.)
Beast: What's the matter, Beau?
Beau: You've even got King Arthur. It's one of my favourites. Have you read it?
Beast: No....
Beau: Oh you don't know what you're missing. I'm gonna read it again. Oh wait, you may read it first.
Beast: No, you may.
Beau: No really!
Beast: No! I...I can't...
Beau: You've never learned to read?
Beast: Only a little. Long ago.
Beau: Well it so happend that this is the perfect book to read out loud. (He makes a gesture that makes clear that the Beast may sit next to him on the stairs.)
Beau: Come here. Come sit by me.
(The Beast sits next to Beau and is in an awe. The three hybrid servants are watching it for afar.)
Archibald: Would you look at that?
François: I still can't believe it.
Katharine: Who would have guessed they'd come together on their own?
Archibald: Let's wait, because I have the feeling there is something there that wasn't there before.