Recording

Mark's POV:

It was Tuesday the following week when the guilt really started to kick in.

Jack and I had been working on our project all weekend and after school every day, after cleaning the bleachers together. We would do the same thing everyday, go back to mine, set up and then completely change the subject to video games. We were hanging out almost 24/7 and we still hadn't gotten any work done.

But who gave a damn when the conversation was always solely based on cool video games.

I'd really been starting to get to know Jack and I really wanted to. But I could tell there was still one thing he was keeping to himself, and as much as I wanted to know, I couldn't. It was his life. He would tell me if he wanted to.

I brought it up one time during a gaming marathon we were having and he just yelled and said it was nothing to worry about and then went silent for the next 10 minutes or so, so I knew he didn't want t tell me just yet. But I wondered what could be so bad that he would keep it to himself so much.

Anyway, back to what I was supposed to be talking about. Tuesday. So me and Jack had walked to school together and said that we would meet in the normal place, just like always, and the minute I entered the oh too familiar hallways, my heart began beating faster and I felt a heavy feeling on my shoulders. It was polling day. That's why.

The rest of the day went by quickly, to quickly if you ask me. All I wanted to do was pack a bag and go play video games with Jack like yesterday. But I knew I had to get this poll sorted.

I had felt guilty every time I was with Jack but nothing was like the feeling I got when I walked towards my locker at 1:25, ready for opening time.

I anxiously waited with my hand on the locker and my eyes locked tight on the hallway across from me to see who would appear first, but I knew who that would be.

"MARK!" The Swedish boy hopped off of the lockers and grinned widely at me. He strolled over and came to a halt right in front of my face.

"Can I help you?" I said calmly, laughing slightly at his continuos glee.

"I'm dying here Mark! What's the boy's name?" He waved his hands in the air as if praying to the Gods to find out so I took a deep breath, and opened my mouth.

"His name is Jack."

"Really? Dammit." Felix had placed a bet on Sean. Poor kid, back to normal then I guess.

I went through a couple more people and they all gathered round me, ready for the next category. But before I could open my mouth to speak, Felix's friend Ken raised his hand and spoke.

"But how do you know his name is Jack? How do we know you're not setting this up?" Crap. I didn't think I would have to do this, and I would rather eat razor blades than do this, but I had no choice. I pulled the tape out of my pocket and pressed the play button.

"Hey Jack? So what is your real name?"

"I told you. my name is Jack"

"But then why is your name Sean at school?"

"My name is Sean at school because I changed it. But I can't tell you why."

I sighed and pressed the stop button, looking down completely ashamed. I knew that they would ask so I had to! I had to record our conversation or they wouldn't of believed me! Im not a complete asshole!

"You recorded it?" Okay.. maybe I am.

"Yea.. I did." Felix started laughing and pat me hard on the back.

"Nice job man. That was a good idea." I felt as if what he was saying should of made me feel better about the situation, but it didn't. I still felt like a shitty human.

"I think it was a bad move..."

"Oh my god. Mark? You're not thinking of stopping the polls are you?" I looked at him in silence. "No Mark! This is the only part of the week I look forward to. You Gotta keep em going." I smiled weakly at him and nodded my head. "Good. Now what's this weeks category." I stood their awkwardly. I didn't think about this week. I was too worried about the heavy feeling I had been getting to make a new category. "You haven't got one have you?"

"No... I forgot sorry Felix."

"Na that's alright. How about why he changed his name?"

"Felix! I can't do that it's too pe-"

"Do we have a deal Mark?" I'd never seen this side of Felix before. It felt like I seriously had no choice. It was like he was my dad and I would be grounded if I disobeyed.

I shook my head sadly and he smiled.

"Good. See you next Tuesday."

A/N:
300 reads now! Wow we're just motoring through! Thanks for reading my garbage XD

Q - what's your thoughts on Felix's character?

Love you guys :)

-septictac