The Beginning of All This

A/N: I know that the guys aren't in this chapter (they come into the next one) :P sorry I just had to set up the characters at Victoria's(main character) hometown, y'know? Enjoy :)

*gasp*

The blanket cocoons around me. What’s that loud ringing anyway? I just want to shut it up.

I flip over and *gasp* again. What the hell?

                First thing I think: What happened last night? That question that seems to enter a teen’s mind at some point at least twice.

                Second thing: Aww shit, mom’s gonna kill me.

                My eyes adjust. The whole place is a mess. Music is still pouring from the speakers, the TV still on MTV. Glasses everywhere. Friends sleeping on the floor. And who’s next to me? Kendall? James?

What’s today?

I stand up and feel I’m still wearing my clothes…good. I grab the nearest phone-probably Kat’s-and press the buttons. Light burns my eyes: 6:45 am, Monday, August 17th. Good, it’s not eight yet. But, what happened here? And why does my head pound so badly?

I poke Kat’s shoulder, her caramel hair in a wavy knot, her crystal blue eyes blinking themselves open at my voice, “What happened?”

 *********************************************************************************************************

It’s May, and I just got out of junior high. Thank God. And now the summer’s stretching in front of Kat, Nick, Ivory, and I. I can’t wait! Nobody can.

“C’mon, Victoria! You coming?” Kat shouts at me through the bathroom door.

“Yeah, yeah, just gimme a sec,” I yell back. We stop by my house (want to pee first and get money) before we all go uptown and hang out and to have lunch.

“Good.” Kat could be impatient like that sometimes, but she was my best friend no matter what. She’s always been there for me, always. And she’s extremely funny.

I flush the toilet, check my dishwater blonde hair in the mirror, and push the door open, to a waiting Kat. A white tank top and a pink water colored skirt were on her petite frame.

“Finally!” she gasps. “Took you long enough. Wow, maybe you’re actually a…girl!”

“Omigod shut the hell up!” Kat and I have a thing with calling me a girl when I do girly things (i.e. wear pink, straighten my hair instead of brush it, wear a skirt). Guess you can call me a tomboy.

We meet Nick and Ivory at the Picnic Basket, a local diner. Nick smiles when he sees me and Ivory waves. Nick has wavy-ish coffee hair that bounces around his ear lobes. He has the sweetest, biggest russet eyes you’d see. They just draw you to him. Ivory stood, posing with her iPhone, her platinum blonde hair sweeping around her shoulders along with her sleek silver dress.

“Ready, my ladies?” Nick asked us, and winks at me. We all laugh.

We finish lunch in about an hour, laughing over sandwiches and fruit salad. We look around our small town, trying to find something to do. Eventually Ivory suggests that we head off to the creek. We race over to it and laugh when Ivory almost slips in.

“Exactly why I don’t wear wedges,” I tell her, taunting her, grinning.

“Oh shut up, little miss ass perfect!” she grins back.

“All right, think you’re so tough. Lemme tackle ya. It’ll set you straight.” Oh, was I taunting her bad now, but it was just too hard to resist.