Family Secrets

Recappy from the Last Chappy: Meanwhile, Krystal trudged outside the Hokage building, feeling mildly embarrassed. She had seen the look in Tsunade's eyes and knew what her actions had insinuated. Maybe she should have waited to return his shirt, but she surely would have forgotten . . . At least, that was the excuse she was willing to go with. When she was outside, she realized that everyone else had waited.

"Why are you always the one that's late?" Ino complained.

"I dunno . . . Why did you guys wait?"

"Did you forget?" Kiba asked. "You were the last one to reach Tanzaku Town. You owe us lunch at Shushuya!"

"Oh yeah . . ." Krystal thought aloud with a sweat drop forming on her head and groaned inwardly. My onigiri wallet just got nice and plump, too . . .

"C'mon, we're starvin'!" Kiba began to pull one of Krystal's hands to drag her away to Shushuya.

Chapter Fifteen: Family Secrets

A week has passed since the end of Krystal, Sasuke, Ino, Hinata and Kiba's escort mission and so far, nothing but good news has been heard. Days after their return to Konoha, Kiba received a letter from Hayden, telling him some of what was going on; he relayed a little of what was said to the others.

Apparently, it was decided by Maboroshi's father that, due to his helplessness during the mission and the promise of a certain young girl, Henry was made to relinquish his Head Guard status to Hayden. As for the engaged couple, they seemed happy enough. They were definitely interested in each other, fond perhaps, and even if it may not have been in a romantic way, it was better than nothing. A date for the wedding would soon be set.

It was all going well, much to everyone's satisfaction. Krystal even found herself in a better mood for the majority of the time. Weird, after having been in a bad one for so long. Like a large burden was lifted from her shoulders ever since she had learned Sasuke was back for real. Naruto was not playing another prank on her. Of course, admitting it aloud that this could be even a possibility for her change in mood was not going to happen.

"Oi, Krystal-chan! Wake up!" Naruto said after letting himself into her room through the window. It was a bright and sunny morning , so since he had not seen his fellow genin in nearly two weeks due to mission scheduling complications, he was not going to let her waste the day away.

"Ugh . . . Five more minutes, Naruto-kun," she groaned from partway under her pillow, face-down. The way she was laying allowed her forearms to be parallel with her head as the blankets covered only up to her waist. "Why can't you just wait at the Main Gate like everyone else?"

He sat on her. "Because coming through your window is more fun! Like those cheesy love movies . . . I didn't want to wait to see ya, anyway, 'cause it's been like two weeks!"

With a sigh, Krystal lifted up what she could of her torso and said, "Well that's very charming and all, but can you at least get off me? You're heavy!"

"Only if you get up!"

"Well, I can't get up when you're sitting on me now, can I?"

"Okay, okay. Testy . . ." The blonde moved from his perch and found himself unprepared when Krystal tackled him to the floor, a broad sneer on her face. He blushed.

"Testy? Rethink your adjectives a little . . . DUNCE!" she joked. Naruto rolled them both so he had her pinned, but instead of seeming angry, he had a red, triumphant smile. It was the reddest shade she had ever seen on his face. "You okay?"

"Heeheehee . . . I was just thinking that I could kiss you from this angle, believe it."

"You get the weirdest thoughts, Naruto-kun," she laughed. Naruto hesitated a moment before laughing himself, half-heartedly. He had been totally serious. "Anyway, how about you go wait out at the Main Gate while I get dressed, 'kay? Try not to be seen; it's just gonna give the wrong people the wrong idea."