Chapter 1: The New Witch In Town

Here’s the telling of how I, Sy’rai Ruby became the most powerful witch that walked the earth since my ancestor Nofret.

Going back to my beginning;

As a child (I'm 21 now) I often would escape into my imagination as if there was something missing and I had to find it.

My first time ever experiencing this void was during my 10th birthday party when something extraordinarily odd occurred. There was unsuspected solar eclipse that caused hail storms, earthquakes, lightning, and tornadoes all across the world to happen.

I remember very vividly how worried my father looked at my mother while she ran inside and started what appeared to be praying.

It wasn't until a few years later that I learned she wasn't praying per se but chanting and that worried expression on my father's face was due to fear of me developing my powers and becoming a target for the dark forces.

Due to the series of weather events my party was moved inside where I witnessed my grandmother, her sister, and mom and aunt go into the basement. Me being the curious one I am I followed them only to hear what they were doing. Yet again, I witnessed what sounded like prayer only this time in a language unfamiliar to me yet for some strange reason I understood every word recited.

“Bosom ma no ɛlɛmɛnt yɛ call upon e ma order”

“Bosom ma no ɛlɛmɛnt yɛ bisa ma guidance”

“Bosom ma no ɛlɛmɛnt yɛ bisa ma power”

“Winds ma bra, nsu ma Purity, yi ... adi ma hann, na asaase ma faako gyina heed me call na awiei hom di ... hene ma destruction.”

Translation:

“Gods of the elements we call upon you for order”

“Gods of the elements we ask for guidance”

“Gods of the elements we ask for power”

“Winds of life, Water of Purity, Fire of Light, and Earth of stability heed my call and end your reign of destruction.”

What amazed me more was that fact that whatever it was they were doing cause the strange weather to stop. Afterwards, I ran back into the party ready to blow my candles out until I noticed this shadow of a man. Staring at this figure I asked “who is that man?” Confused by my question as the guests saw no one, my father's look of worry escalated to fear.

The shadowy man that appeared before me has history with my family that predates man today. My mother instantly grabbed me and started chanting ever so easily:

“Abofra ma no bosom nyimpa nhyira.”

“Abofra ma no bosom nyimpa ɔberan.”

“Abofra ma no bosom nyimpa asomdwoe.”

“Tumm me soma kɔ thee ekyir into no nothingness e ba fi.”

Translation:

“Child of the gods be blessed.”

“Child of the gods be strong.”

“Child of the gods be safe.”

“Darkness I send thee back into the nothingness you come from.”

This may come as a surprise to many of you but the supernatural world is no secret to the mortal world.

True, a witch might not wear a stamp on their head announcing who they are but they also didn't have to live in shadows as well.

Everyone at my party knew about my family since my mother is the town's herbalist, that's her specialty, herbs and potions.

The party was over and the guests were leaving but I still had questions about the events that took place, I guess I'll have to snoop for answers.

Every since that day I became fascinated with magic, not knowing if it truly existed or not I still had to try.