Chapter 5: Becoming Bad-ass

Since that night of learning why I'm so important I started to understand and appreciate my magic more. For months now I've been learning how to grow stronger in my gifts from weather control, aura reading, energy manipulation, potion making, telepathy, spirit walking, and so much more from the aid my grandparents, great-aunt Jackie, and mom.

Yes that's right I said grandparents as in my grammy and grandfather John. See back when my grammy put the protection spell on my house she altered it so if any evil spirits tried to get in or were already in my house would be sucked into the void of nothing. When she notice my grandfather was still around she decided to give him the benefit of the doubt while still keeping her eye on him.

Given a small break from training me and my friends Clarissa and Kalik decided to hang out together to figure out what we were going to do for my 14th birthday.

As we were discussing our plans a demon appeared along with her was a witch and together they attacked my friends. The demon blasted Kalik first with her venomous fire (fire so powerful it burns it’s target soul). Clarissa screamed as the witch then created an illusion around her causing her to panic until her heart gives out.

They turned their attention to me as if they had just did something amazing, little did they know I had blessed them both from harm caused by magic, neither of them were actually hurt. “So this is the little princess with the gifts” the demon said to the witch about me. I began to laugh at their attempts and telekinetically throw the demon into the pits of the forgotten, yes I can create portals. Watching the witch aurora turn to fear she tried to throw balls of lights at me but I was quicker.

I darken the sky causing the scenery to go pitch black as if there was no sun, moon, or stars for light. Trying to create light the witch fear grew stronger as this blacken day was more than her light could fight against. Watching as she understood she was no match for me I lifted her up telekinetically and pulled out her darkened essence thus, removing her from existence. After, I brighten the area back up and waved my hands to end the magic that was attacking my friends.

Once I removed the magic off Clarissa and Kalik they both hugged me and asked how powerful am I. I laughed at their question only to answer it until this gorgeous boy appeared before me, he was tall and lean but muscular with a chocolate complexion and clean cut. He looked at me and I read his aurora he was of no harm to us. He kneeled before me and spoke.

Blessings from the heavens my goddess. He said.

I blushed and asked why he was kneeling it felt weird, like who kneels to someone I thought.

Girl what hoodoo you worked on him, he is fine. Said Clarissa.

You stupid you know that but I didn’t do anything I don't even know how he appeared here but I know he’s cute. I said.

Bruh alright I would have girls blushing too if I kneeled to them. Kalik said.

Really, just kneeling you think would do that. Boy please relook at him again and at yourself. Clarissa said teasingly.

My has the heavens truly taken the time to carefully create that which defies the rules of beauty. This nameless guy said.

Just before I could speak my mother and grammy shimmered in.

Looks like the angels just can't stay away from us my mother said and grammy agreed with a smirk.

Angel, they really exist? I asked.
Yes, my goddess and I'm here to watch over you. I'm Azariah, pleased to be at your service.

Please get up, there's no need to be so formal but I'm Sy’…. I was cut off.

I know who you are, I know all there is to know about you Sy’rai. Hello, Great Seer and you as well Sharon. Azariah said.

So, things must be ahead of schedule if the mighty angels are getting involved. Mom said.

No, I was just told to come down and protect the one that will save us all. Azariah said.

You do know my sight rivals that of the gods, son? Do not play with our intelligence, games aren’t a luxury we have in these times. If I have to I will take what knowledge you bear so to avoid such act, just tell us. Grammy said.

Mistress, I would believe me but I am bound to secrecy therefore, I cannot speak on which I unable to think of. Azariah said.

What does that mean, he can’t speak on what he cannot think of? I asked.

The bind that has been placed on him hinders him from reaching into his memory, in other words love, it’s like he does not know without actually removing his memory. Mom said.

Nevertheless, it cannot stop me from seeing it. Although, this is a bind placed on him by the gods I'll need more than just my will to undo it, I'll need my charms to aid me in power. Grammy said.

Kids I'm going to take you home come with me, you'll see Sy’rai later. Mom said.

It was nice to meet you too Kalik and Clarissa. Azariah spoke.

Okay, everyone get going, Sy’rai, you and Azariah come with me, you should see what I do as you too have the gift of sight. Grammy said.