Harder to keep (Anakin Skywalker)

Author: allofmyimagination (Tumblr) (Collab with gillespielemon01)

Word count: 821

Fandom: Star Wars

A/N: there wasn't an actual title for this so I just made one up, sorry it sucks X

"Yes, he is getting along just fine. Order 66 should happen soon." Your uncle's voice whispers darkly.

"Yes, sir. Awaiting your command. " A clone trooper said through the hologram. From outside your uncle's office, you stifled a gasp. You couldn't believe your uncle, the Chancellor, was the Sith Lord. You had to tell the Jedi, but first you had to tell Anakin.

You snuck out quietly hoping he didn't sense your presence. Once free, You dashed, but collided with a familiar Jedi. "My apologies, Master Kenobi," You say, catching your breath and rubbing your arm to stop the bruise from throbbing.

"Master (Y/L/N), what is the matter? You seem troubled." Obi-Wan questions.

"Yes, very troubled." You whispered pulling him off to the side, you looked over your shoulder. "My Uncle the chancellor, he is... He's Sidious. He is planning  something called order 66."

"Are you sure about this? " Obi said the council had their suspicions, but it was still a surprise.

"Yes, absolutely. " You replied hastily,  "Gather the council, protect the younglings. Where is Ani- Master Skywalker?" You correct yourself. One slip of the tongue and Obi-Wan could know your secret. He was dangerously clever.

"In the hanger with R2D2. " He informs you.

You speed away as Obi-Wan yells "May the force be with you,  y/n."

You run to the hanger, fearful of Palpatine finding you.

"Don't think I didn't know you were listening. " Your Uncle called from behind you.

"Uncle, I don't... what do you mean?" You asked playing coy.

"I know of your findings," he paused,"Think about it; the two of us and even Anakin, ruling an empire!" He persuades.

"I wouldn't dare, neither would Master Skywalker. "

"You can call him Anakin, much too casual to be strictly platonic. I know your secret. "

"You know nothing! " You drew your (color) saber.

"Feel the darkness,  let it flow through you, y/n." He encouraged.

"No, the light will prevail!" Your saber colliding with his red one. "You don't know what your up against. "

"Burn in Mustafar!" You screamed. You eventually fought your way  back to the chancellor 's office. The door swung shut. Your sabers colliding like lighting striking water.

Meanwhile.....

"Anakin!" Obi yells. Anakin looks up, curiously,  he was in the middle of fixing  R2.

"Yes, Obi-Wan?" He studied his friends features that were contorted with worry. "Is everything alright,  what's the matter?"

"It's the Chancellor, (Y/N) believes he is Darth Sidious."

"What? the Chancellor is a good man." Anakin thought back to the Chancellor's promise to be able to protect you.

"Anakin, there is no time for that. If it's true, (Y/N) needs us. " Obi-Wan and Anakin burst through the doors just as you were about to finish him off .

"(Y/N), what are you doing!?" Anakin  screamed You paused to look at him, which gave Sidious time to make his move. The lighting struck faster than you could say Yoda. "You promised! " Anakin cried, you could feel the dark emotions rising. "You promised to keep, her safe!"

"If she had listened Anakin, we could have ruled the galaxy; all three of us. But no, she is far too ignorant to understand that." The Chancellor laughed. You struggled against the pain. "I'll give you another chance. Join me, (Y/N)."

"Never!" You screeched. As you screamed, the pain ceased. The chancellor began to gag and choke. You looked up to see Anakin's hand in the air choking the Chancellor.

"Anakin, he is useful still, this isn't the way of the Jedi!" Obi yelled . Anakin ignored and proceeded anyways,  the chancellor ceased to move.

You lay limp, nearly unable to move. You arms and legs ached, your head spun. Confused by it all, Anakin runs to you. He slowly and gently lifts you up, and you groan in pain. "Why... Why did you kill him?" You choke.

"He promised me he would protect you, (Y/N). He promised you would be safe." Anakin says, tears streaming down his cheeks. You raise your hand despite the excruciating pain and wipe his tears.

"Thank you, Ani. I... I love you." You smile softly. Then, without any warning, you're unconscious.

You wake up in a completely white room with a soft bed. You look at all the screens and holograms showing your health and realize you're in a hospital. You find the strength to sit up and swing your legs off the side of the bed. You walk to your robes and slip them on, wincing when you put on your boots; they rubbed against your burns.

Outside, you're greeted by Anakin. "Ani?" You run to him. "I thought you had left," You whisper, burying your head into his chest.

"I'd never leave you. Let's go home." He wraps his arm around you, helping you walk.

"Home? What home?" You question. "Where are we?"

"Coruscant. And yes, home. Master Yoda has approved of our union. We now share a home." He smiles, and you return the favor.