Men in Blue

Princeton's POV;

My heart was having a parade in my chest. I gripped on the steering wheel, leaning my head on top to try to catch my breath. "What the hell are you doing ?" Rochelle repeated.

"Cops." I mumbled . "The what?!" She screamed in retaliation . "The cops ! The cops are here! Looking for me! If they find me.." I trailed off. Just thinking about it.

"They'll what?" Rochelle asked with concern glossing over her eyes.

"It's life. A mental institution . One or the other. I'm begging you Rochelle. Keep quiet, stay with me . You're all I want in this world, and they're trying to taking you away. Remember your promise."

I cradled her head with my head, and brushed my fingers over her plump lips. "You won't scream, you won't run, you won't fight." I reminded, after partaking off her sweet lips .

She nodded . Good girl. "Stay here. Duck down." I breathed. I opened up the glove box , in front of the passenger's seat. Revealing my gun. I heard Rochelle gasp, and looked at me with grief . "Don't ." She said sternly.

"I have to." I said , with the cold piece in my hands. Oh, how the feeling brought back memories "They haven't done anything to you, Jacob."

"Princeton . And they're trying to take you. "

"I'm still here, Princeton! They haven't done anything. Don't take away their lives. Promise me something. "

Oh gosh.

"Yes?"

"You will not take anyone's life. From this day forward. "

"I will not taking anyone's life...until this day forward."

We sat , and waited until the patrol car was no longer in sight. Then , we headed home .