Chapter Four

"Night mum," I called, closing my bedroom door. Harry hadn't reappeared yet, but I just assumed he was nervous. Stripping down into just boxers, I slipped right under my covers and clicked off the lamp. "Harry, you can come out now," I whispered, eyes adjusting to the darkness.

I closed my eyes, anticipating the warm feeling of him appearing, yet felt nothing.

"No?" Looking around and sighing, I decided to coax him out. "Ah well. I know you can hear me, at least, so just listen. I don't want to force anything out of you, so if you don't feel comfortable telling me about your past, then don't. I, uh, I'm really happy to have met you, Harry. I'll be honest- I was scared. I was freaking out when I first saw you, but I don't know." A cold wave rushed down my body, leaving my front in chills. "I feel complete with you. Please show yourself again. I miss you."

My breathing hitched as I felt him leave my body. "Dammit Louis," he whispered, his eyes slightly teary. "You know just what to say." Wrapping his arms around me and giggling in my ear, Harry held me to him.

We laid in silence for a while, me playing with his curls and him rubbing circles in my hip. 

"Harry?" I smiled, feeling him massaging my skin lightly.

"mm?" He responded, his green eyes as bright as ever.

"Do normal Angels sleep with their humans like this?"

"Only if they're asked to," the curly-haired boy smiled, leaning in and kissing my forehead. "Why?"

"I want to know if I'm special," I chuckled, holding him tighter to me. "Also, earlier when Niall asked if you loved me.."

"I do, I honestly do," Harry responded, before I could even finish the question. "I love you so much."

"You know he meant romantically, right?"

"Romantically?"

Blushing, I let out an awkward laugh. "Uh, y'know, uh... romance? Like, uh, shit, how do I explain? Um,"

He cackled at me. "I was teasing you. I know what romantic love is." He smiled, a slight flush across his cheek. He seemed to light up the room, his body illuminating in the dark.

"Well, uh,"

"Yes, Louis. I have romantic feelings towards you, but my intentions are pure. I want you to be happy." His face pinkened, and I could only give him a soft look. "I'd love to have your affections be only for me, but I'm happy to watch you be happy."

My heart was beating. I've never had a love confession before. "I, uh, Harry-"

"Hey," He put his finger to my lips, quieting me. "Time for you to go to sleep. Don't worry too much about it, okay? I won't do anything to you." 

I was woken by my mother banging on my door again. "Louis if you're not downstairs in ten minutes, I'm throwing the twins in there!"

Groaning, I sat up. A hand tugging at my waist, however, tried to pull me back down. I blinked. I don't remember Zayn spending the night-"aah!" I jumped, looking down at the boy sleeping next to me. 

"eh?" he bolted up, also startled apparently. "What? Is everything okay?"

Right. Harry. Laughing at my own stupidity, I shuffled his hair. "Dammit, you scared me. I didn't realize Angels actually slept," I smiled, getting up and putting on my uniform. 

"It's a fast way to regain our energy- it takes a lot of energy to stay in this form," the curly-haired boy smiled, snapping his fingers. He suddenly was in a different outfit- a simple pair of white skinny jeans, a blue shirt, and a white blazer. "You'll notice that you're a little more tired today. It's because you've been supporting me."

"I don't know," I yawned, straightening my tie. "what you're talking about. I feel fine."

He giggled, following me out of my bedroom and hovering over my shoulder while I ate breakfast.

Niall sat next to me on the bus, punching my shoulder more than lightly. "So? How was your night?" He teased, giving me his dumb grin. 

"Stayed up late, talking to this guy," I gestured to the boy that was currently floating right behind my shoulder. 

"Harry's invisible again, then?" the blond boy whispered, waving awkwardly in my direction.

"Tell him that he looks silly," Harry whispered in my ear.

"Harry thinks you look silly," I laughed, wrapping my arm around my irish mate.

"Yeah yeah, whatever."

----

"Hey Louis," Zayn whispered, passing me a piece of paper during math class. "Let's find out if Harry can hold a pencil in this mode. He could chat with us."

Well, Harry? I smiled, setting down an extra mechanical pencil. The teacher never came back to our desks- he'd just given up on us taking notes.

Hi Zayn, he wrote, scribbling across the paper. How are you doing today?

"Holy--" the brunette whispered, writing with a pen. I'm fine. and you?

Doing pretty well. Classes are exactly the same as I remember.

Did you go here?

I don't remember.

Zayn looked at me, obviously pleased.

I've never spoke to a Guardian Angel before.

Well, yours is always there to talk to.

What is he like?

A lot like you; quiet, compassionate. 

Is he with me now?

Of course. 

"Tomlinson, Malik, at least look like you're paying attention," Mr. Cowell, the math professor, sighed. "At least you two get good grades."

I definitely believe in Angels.