Chapter Five

"Harry?"

"Hmm?"

"What's your last name?"

He floated over to me, dropping the book I had lent him. "...why?" He questioned, wrapping his arms around my neck.

Shrugging, I leant into his touch. "I want to find out more about you- like when you died, and what you did," I smiled, brushing the keyboard of my laptop.

"I-I..." His arms started shaking ever so slightly, which I expected. This was, understandably, a hard topic for him."I don't remember."

"huh?" I was expecting him to react poorly, not to answer. 

"I don't remember anything about my life. I don't even know if my name is really Harry. It's just what The Lord named me, and what St. Raphael addresses me by." Watching the curly-haired boy let me go to sit on my bed, I could only keep quiet. I was completely shocked. "I only know when I died."

"Well, when did you die? Maybe we could search local obituaries-"

"What if I wasn't local? What if- What if I died on the other side of the country, Louis? Then what?" Tears streamed down his cheeks, and I could tell that he'd spent a lot of time thinking about this. "I don't think you understand, Louis! I will never find out who I am."

I threw my arms around him, giving him the largest hug I've ever given. "I won't rest easy until I find out who you are, Harry," I promised, running my fingers through his hair. "I will- no, we will figure out your name, your life- we will figure out everything. Together."

"T-thank you, Louis.." he smiled, his hair sticking to his tear-stricken cheeks. 

"So when did you die, Harry?" I asked, straightening up and pulling my laptop onto the bed. 

"December 24th, 1991."

"My birthday?"

"The second you were born, actually. It's the way Guardian Angels work."

----

"So, I think I got a lead," Zayn whispered, sliding into the chair across from me. Harry sat next to me, visible to the world. "Henry OMalley, died of a stroke, 24/12/91."

"Age?" Liam asked, going down a list of requirements. 

"26."

"Sorry," Harry sighed, looking through yet another newspaper. "I was definitely 19."

"Here we go," Niall smiled, tossing a paper at me. "Charlie Herman, aged 19, died during a robbery. Charlie was loved very dearly and will be missed."

I uncapped my highlighter with a pop and circled the article. "That's the second person that fits the bill," Doing a quick search on my laptop, I pulled up another obituary, this time online.

"Hold on, who was that?" The curly-haired boy muttered, setting his hand on mine, trying to take control of the mouse. I was surprise at the sudden contact, and, much to my demise, I felt the blush creep onto my cheeks, making my heart beat loudly. why do I react this way to Harry? 

A chuckle from Zayn made me cast a glare in his direction, but Harry didn't seem to notice. His eyes were glued to the screen.

"Scroll back up," He ordered, and I did. To my surprise, there he was.

"Harry Edward Styles, aged 19, died in a hit and run, Died before his time and will be missed by his mother, Anne, and older sister, Gemma." I read, a smile expanding my lips. "There's even a picture of you, Harry. It says you're from Holmes Chapel- that's only about half an hour from here."

He threw his arms around me. "Thank you Louis, thank you so much!" the ivory-skinned boy whispered, a slight giggle in his voice. "Thank you all," He smiled, turning to face the others. "Thank you a ton, it means so much to me."

----

The winter was crueler than most, and was blizzarding toward the end of the week. 

"Mom, I'm going to visit a friend in Holmes Chapel," I lied, sitting down at the dinner table.  "It's been a long time since I've seen my old classmate Gemma, and I just got her new address."

"How are you going to get there, baby?" Mum asked, putting a slop of mashed potatos onto my plate. "When are you leaving- and when will you be coming back?"

"I'm gonna catch a train tomorrow morning, and I'll be back before bedtime. Don't worry, mama, I'll be fine. I'll buy something for dinner on the way home." 

Harry cooed in my ear, excited to be seeing his old family.

----

My alarm woke me early morning, around 5. I groaned, but sat up and shook Harry's shoulder lightly. 

"Babe, it's time to get up," I whispered, getting up to go shower. We've reached an understanding about showers- he stays on the other side of the curtain and doesn't look at me, and I don't do anything overly awkward- wanking, for one, is a topic we've both tried to ignore. "Goin' to your home today."

I took my shirt off, throwing it into the bin in my personal bathroom- I got one to myself since the girls could all share- before pulling off my pajama pants. Turning on the water and stepping into the shower, I quickly shampooed and rinsed my hair. 

"L-louis?" Harry's voice whispered, coming from the other side of the shower curtain. "C-can I come in there and shower with you?"

badum, badum, badum. Why does my heart beat like this when I think of Harry like this?" "U-uh," I stuttered, turning the water cold to cool down my body. "Sure, come in." I get to see him. W-why is this so weird? He's a guy. I've seen all my friends naked. Like Zayn. I've seen Zayn naked. It's not weird.

"I'm coming in now," his voice came, accompanied by the curtain slinking by. My face was hot, blood rushing to my cheeks. 

He was standing right behind me. Really, really close to me. I tried to calm myself, but could only breathe in small gasps. His body pressed against mine, trying to gather under the water. 

"H-harry," I whispered, turning to face him. The curly-haired angel looked down at me (since he towered a good half-foot taller) and I saw the flush across his face too. "W-why don't you stand under the water while I, uh, condition my hair."

He nodded, apparently as short for words as I was for breath. Turned away from me, Harry stood under the shower head and let the water soak through his hair. I admired his back muscles, and tried so hard to keep my eyes upward. But his spine. His muscles. They all led my eyes down, and I found myself tracing his ass with my eyes. Flat, yet muscular. 

"Your turn, Lou," he mumbled, his voice weak. I slowly pressed my hands to his hips, trying to stabilize him as we traded places. My breath hitched as I lost my balance against the slippery tub. 

Kathunk

He hit the ground before I did, his body landing underneath mine. "Y-you okay?" I whispered, pushing myself up onto my elbows. A small gasp left my mouth as I noticed how close we were- his face was less than an inch from mine, our lips so close yet so far. Our chests- touching. Our... "Oh man, I'm sorry," lifting myself up and trying to hide my ever-growing erection, I was trying not to think of how his body felt against mine. You're not gay, Tomlinson. calm down.

His hand met my cheek, bringing my face back down. We were going to kiss. Harry wanted to kiss me. Harry was trying to get me to kiss him. I wanted to kiss Harry. I was going to kiss Harry. Harry. Harry. I could feel his breath on my lips, so close, about to touch..

Bangbang. "You okay, Louis? What was that noise?" Lottie's voice against the door snapped us both out of it. I stood up and quickly turned to face the shower head. 

"y-yeah, I just slipped. I'm fine, don't worry." 

"Kay. It's 5:12, when's your train?"

"In just about 40 minutes, I'll make it."

I turned around, and Harry was gone. His shadow was on the other side of the curtain, and I figured he was just as embarrassed as I was.

I love my angel.