Insomnia

Dedicated to my non-biological twin for being  an awesome sauce, extremely intelligent and funny and smart. Yep, I call her my twin for a reason ;)

Night; you lulled me into a deep quiet slumber

And sucked in all my ennui

Few moments of solace from the great grand world

You gifted me sweet dear lady

Your moonlit caresses they healed me always

Revived me from all care

Oblivion, maybe is not really that wicked

Darkness doesn't always scare

You passed away quickly into naughty dawn

Not always did I complain

Then what treachery do you owe me, maiden

That you muted your cradle refrain?

These sleepless rendezvouses with you are

Indeed, totally undeserved

For the dead past is reborn to pinch me further

As if today's tears weren't enough...

____

Hello friends!!! #115 in poetry already! OMG IS IT A DREAM??Thank ya sooo very much for all your votes and comments! Its been a pleasure.

Well I wrote this poem because I suffered from insomnia some time ago and take it from me, it was terrible. You end up overthinking about stuff and I was already so much stressed out at that time. I used to do multiplication or make poems in my head and fantasize that whatever heartbreaks or whatever setbacks I had had werent real and I was happy and all.. Yet, it didnt always work you know. So I was like okay chuck it. You cant sleep until its 3 am. Get over it. I started using this time in reading books and almost everything I felt I could not because of school studies. And guess what? It diverted my attention from all the fears and insecurities I had and I am pretty much perfect right now! You see! Some times there is just too much lime in your lemonade that it tastes atrocious and makes it sour. You definitely cannot remove that excess lime, but you definitely can add some water in it. That's how life is. Hate can never kill hate. Negativity can never kill negativity. 

Love,

Kaizen