Set Fire To The Past

Prologue

01|01|2016

 "Ladies and gentleman, the one, the only...Paris Hudson!" Helen announced my name, followed by an adoring applause. I sat down in the velvet seat next to her, and crossed my legs over each other before getting up to receive my welcoming hug. 

Most girls would think a huge crowd hysterically screaming your name would be incredible. They think I must feel so wanted, so secure. You might think being on Disney Channel, like I was, had all of it perks. It did - it most definitely did. But behind every success, there is a story. 

I was on the Disney Channel, starring in my own television show, titled, 'Walking On Cloud Nine'. In reality, I had been walking on cloud nine like I had never imagined. I was famous, people liked me, and I was talented, as well! But shaking these thoughts out of my head, I sat back down with Helen Rodgers, host and star of 'On With Helen'.

"Paris, it's so good to finally have you on," Helen said, flipping her long, bouncy, blond hair behind her back. She gave me a reassuring smile, noticing my obvious feelings - nervousness. 

"Thank you for having me," I said, giving a wave and blowing a kiss to the audience, who screamed, being utterly starstruck

"So, Paris, how did you start your career? I guess what we all want to know, is how you became every little girl in America's idol." Helen looked me straight in the eye, expecting my answer then and there. I hadn't thought of an answer for this question, because in all honesty, I had one secret.

I wanted to set fire to the past. 

"How I started my career?" I asked her, oblivious.

"Unless it was just the help of your incredibly cute boyfriend, Taylor Jensen!" She chuckled, thinking she was funny.

"In all honesty, Helen. I'd just like to set fire to the past." I told her, my deep, green eyes becoming wet with tears.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------