Chapter 5 - Yoda issues a Death Quest

I am sitting at a table with Yoda, Hylla and Alex. Dinner is the same as it is in any school cafeteria. I look around as I eat. Everyone looks like regular teenagers.

The girls all have their skinny jeans and make up. The guys all have their slightly sagging pants and flat hats. I secretly wonder if they are hiding antennae under their hats.Of if the girls secretly have green skin that they hide with mounds of foundation. 

Yoda does a weird signal thin with his hand. For a minute I think he's doing shadow puppets. But when his chair lifts up into the air I realize it was the force. Yoda waits in the air. The noise continues. He loudly clears his throat. Nothing changes. Then he shouts,

"YO PEPES! SHUT UP!"

I will never look at the Yoda in Star Wars with the same thoughts and respect ever again. But the noise dies down and every one gives their attention to Yoda. "I have an announcement." It seemed an unneeded thing to say. "Tantè has made an appearance" a collective gasp went around the kitchen. I look over at Hylla. She hasn't touched her food. I don't blame her, the label on the chicken has a bunch of ingredients, but chicken was only mentioned at the end, in the context: may contain chicken. Not very assuring. But I don't think that's why Hylla didn't eat. She seemed worried about something... "Under the circumstances, I have reason to believe some... Unpleasant things. I will not worry you with what they are, but to solve it, I am issuing a quest."

Dead silence fills the room. Quests are bad then... Is my guess. Yoda continues "A quest for the Stone of Malachi!" Nervous muttering goes around. "I have chosen who will go." I hear a whimper from someone. "Three of the strongest, most powerful, will go to find the stone." I scanned my blue eyes around the kitchen. Everyone seemed self conscious. Yoda's voice fills the room once again. "Hylla Rodriguez!" All eyes turn to Hylla. She looks up bravely and nodds. "Alexander James!" Every one turns to Alex. He looks nervous but not surprised. He nodds. "And Kylie Martin!" One word is muttered by everybody - who? But Yoda looks straight at me. I nodd. "Very good. You three will leave tomorrow morning!" 

I talk with Alex and Hylla. Yoda has finished his announcement and excuses himself to his room. 

"Hylla," I ask. She looks at me, her eyes welcoming my question. "Why is this quest so bad? Everyone seems so scared if it"

Hylla looks at me. The colour drains from her face. "Because, its not the first time someone has attempted this quest. many have tried but none have ever returned  alive.