Chapter 35-Bombshell

I wipe my tear stained shirt one last time to minimize the appearance of my previous crying as I clutch the front door handle. As soon as I walk in, I'm going to start getting bombarded with the shitty questions such as 'where were you?' 'Where's Liam?' and so on. I turn the door handle to see that the house still seems to be standing considering my mother and Nathan were the only two home unfortunately. I don't trust either of them, especially when they're alone together. 

"Liz?" I hear my mother's voice call, "is that you?"

"No it's Dumbo the flying squirrel," I snap sarcastically as I throw my purse on the couch and yank off my boots. 

"Don't you dare use that tone with me young lady!" She scolds as she points a finger at me as she walks into the foyer.

Geez......what's gotten into her recently?!? And she says I'm the one with the attitude problem.....

"Fine," I mutter, "I'll be up in my room."

I begin to sluggishly mope up the stairs when suddenly my mother cuts me off by sticking her arm in my way, stopping me.

"No you won't," she replies in a hushed tone, "Nathan and I need to have a talk with you first."

"About what?" I groan.

I seriously do not have time for this.....

"Come with me," she leads.

I follow her out to the dining room, where I see Nathan sitting at the head of the table with his hands folded neatly. His hair seems recently groom and I gag at the stench of his overused cologne. I cough a bit but quickly settle myself into a seat. I feel as though I'm in trouble...... Did Nathan reveal my past to my mother that she isn't aware of? Did I break my curfew even though I don't have one because I'm over the age of 18? Am I being kicked out? (Please let it be this one). Something? Anything? I can't stand this suspense.

"Am I in trouble?" I ask as I look up at my mother who is hovering above me by standing behind my chair. 

"No, Lizzie. You're not," she sighs as she leaves my chair to take a seat across from me.

I glance over to Nathan, but it turns more into a stare when I notice him staring at me with a smirk on his face. He licks his lips causing me to uncomfortably shift in my chair and zip up my jacket further. I can tell he's picturing a naked me in his head and he's imagining fucking me right this very second. Pervert....

"Lizzie....." my mother begins.

I'm still not used to being called Lizzie by my mother and yet getting called Liz by everyone else. It's a very odd transition. I know my mother knows to call me Liz, yet she calls me Lizzie anyway because of when I was little. When I was little I would go by Lizzie because Lizzie is a very girly name where as Liz is more of a tomboyish name, which is what I would consider myself. All I can say is thank god no one calls me Elizabeth because I despise that name. It just sounds so formal and just the name itself makes you feel like you're much older than you actually are. I sit in silence as I wait for my mother to finish saying what she has to say. 

"Mom?" I call to get her attention.

She seems out of it.....

"Yes, um......as I was saying......" she trails off, "you understand that we love you-"

"Some in other ways then others......" I mumble, staring directly at Nathan to make sure he knows that I'm referring to him.

He wants to be with my mother yet he wants to fuck me. That's not messed up at all......