2 || the ghost

CHAPTER TWO; THE GHOST
Have you gone insane? There's no such thing as ghosts.

Lyla and Mercedes sat at the table in the back of their English class, working on a new assignment. Mercedes had brought Lyla her apple pie and now Lyla's locker was probably filled with the scent of apples. She saw Mercedes running towards her to hand her the apple pie she forgot to bring home yesterday. As much as Lyla loves apple pie, she wouldn't want her locker to be smelling.

"That new kid is your neighbor! How come you never told me this? Is he single? Did you see him naked? Did you guys have sex?!" Mercedes smacked Lyla on her head when Lyla informed that her new neighbor was indeed the boy Mercedes was gushing over. Lyla winced in pain and massaged the part of her head where Mercedes smacked her.

"No. He has a girlfriend. Her name is Sam, I think. Sam from Amity Park." Last night, Danny told Lyla that he had a girlfriend and that she was interested in the video games Lyla would play at night. He told her that he misses her a lot and he didn't want to leave her. "I'm still a virgin, idiot!"

Mercedes started to fake cry and banged her head on her desk, currently upset by the fact that he has a girlfriend. Lyla continued working on the reading packet the teacher assigned them to do. She knew that Mercedes sucked at English so she probably wouldn't do her part of the assignment. When Mercedes put her head up, she looked around the room for the new kid that the principal was talking about. Their teacher was having a deep conversation with somebody on the phone and he paid no attention to whatever his students were doing.

Lyla furrowed her eyebrows when she came across a question she couldn't understand. So she just came up with a reasonable answer and moved onto the next question. Mercedes was working on her part and poked her cheek with the eraser on top of her pencil. The girl had her hair in a high ponytail and wore a plain blue shirt with a dark cardigan. She wore her jeans and wore the white Converse Lyla had given her. As for Lyla, she wore a hoodie with the school's name on it and leggings with her black Nike Roshes.

It was late October and Halloween was in two days. Mercedes and Lyla had their costumes and were gonna ride their bikes to each house. Halloween wasn't too old for them, yet. They ate every single candy they got from each of their neighbors.

"Hey, can I sit here?" The masculine voice was filled Lyla's ears and she mentally cursed at herself for realizing who it was. It was Danny.

"If I were a boy, I'd be having a boner now." Lyla gasped at Mercedes and widen her eyes at how loud her best friend had said that. "I mean, yeah! Sure. I've got to go sharpen my pencil now."

Danny chuckled lightly before pulling the chair out and taking a seat. He took out his pencil that was in the front pocket of his gray Jansport backpack and starting to read over the instructions of the packet that the teacher put on his desk. When Lyla searched around for Mercedes, she was at a different table talking to one of her "husbands". Mercedes turned around and gave Lyla a thumbs up while Lyla shot daggers at her from across the room. What was she supposed to do with Danny?

The boy with blue eyes was working on his packet diligently, not fooling around like Mercedes would do. Lyla sighed and finished her packet before scraping her chair against the floor and handing it to Mr. Cooper. He took the packet from Lyla's grip and put it in his tray he had next to his coffee mug. One time he spilled his coffee on all of the tests so he gave everybody an A+.