3 || halloween store

CHAPTER THREE; HALLOWEEN STORE
I think I'm on drugs and I don't even know it.

►▹►▹►

"Daniel Fenton, I swear to my lipstick collection that I'll cut off your dick -" The duo were walking behind Danny, who had his earplugs settled in his ears. He turned up the volume loud enough that people who were standing close to him could hear a little bit of the song. Lyla clamped her hand on Mercedes' mouth and threw down the hand Mercedes' was holding up to hit Danny.

After the whole fiasco yesterday, Lyla told Mercedes about what happened and Mercedes may have taken it in the wrong way. She felt as if they had a plan to embarrass Lyla in front of the whole school. They were probably going to talk about how insane Lyla was. Now Lyla was trying to tame the beast inside of Mercedes from doing anything stupid to Danny. She didn't want Mercedes getting into trouble again.

Danny was bopping his head along to the song and scrolled up and down on his phone. He hadn't noticed the presence of Mercedes and Lyla, who were standing beside the water fountain trying to calm theirselves down. Mercedes glared at the blue-eyed boy and grabbed the plastic knife she had gotten from the cafeteria that was placed in her backpack's side pocket.

"I will not hesitate to use this plastic knife to chop off his own dick!" Her eyes were filled with rage and she watched as the boy turned around the corner to his class.

"Mercedes, no need to be protective of me, okay? They didn't threaten me and I actually trust them. Maybe they were just curious?" Mercedes hesitantly put her plastic knife in the trash can and stomped to the gym, leaving Lyla to follow her like a lost puppy.

The two girls walked into the gym and sat down at their assigned seats and talked with each other across the room. People around them didn't mind because they knew their ass was going to be smacked if Mercedes heard them complain about them being chatty. Mercedes parents thought the devil himself has consumed their precious little girl's soul. She was just a little bit rough, nothing more.

When Lyla was about to face forward, Danny was waving at her, flashing his stupid grin. Lyla rolled her eyes and mumbled incoherent words. Their coach came in the gym with a clipboard settled underneath her armpit and blew her whistle.

Marco dropped off Lyla at the Halloween store her and Mercedes were supposed to go to after school. Though, Mercedes got into detention by threatening Danny during gym, which costed her a lot. Lyla asked Marco for a ride since her brother had to stay after school also.

"You sure you don't want me to come inside with you?" Marco questioned Lyla as he was still on the driver's seat and watched Lyla grab her bag.

"I just need to pick up Mercedes' costume and mine. I'll walk home."

Lyla walked in the empty store and Marco reluctantly drove off, leaving Lyla on her own. She nervously bit down on her lip and pushed open the dusty doors to the Halloween store which had old decorations hanging up. The cashier who Lyla noticed around school was sleeping against the counter and didn't wake up at the sound of Lyla coming in.

There were big racks of Halloween costumes and some of them were laying down on the ground. Lyla needed to find the Minnie Mouse costume Mercedes was talking about because they were both going as Minnie and Mickey. Mercedes had decided at the last minute. The store didn't have much costumes left, considering the fact that it's Halloween tomorrow.