Coffee & The City: A Katy Perry and Jessie J fanfic

Katy's POV

    I woke up before my alarm went off, I was too pumped for the day ahead of me, I don't even know how I managed to sleep in the first place. I had a meeting with some agents from a label today, they'd listen to some demos and talk to me about my goals and this kind of thing; if they liked me (fingers crossed!) they would sign me. I don't wanna get my hopes up because I've been rejected before, but some positive energy will do no harm. 

    I got up and went to the bathroom to take a shower and start getting ready. I chose a pair of black jeans, a lose grey shirt and flats - it's not like I was going to a Letterman interview or a red carpet, so something casual would do. I put some mascara on and a nude lipstick, nothing too flashy. Sarah, my roommate, walked in. 

    "Are you ready? It's time to go, go, go!" she said.

    "I know, I know! I'm just grabbing my purse!" I replied.

    "You look great, honey. And I have a good feeling about today." she smiled "Do you need a ride?"

    "No, thanks, I'll walk, the office is just 10 minutes away. I'll stop by a Starbucks to grab a coffee and a muffin on my way"

    "Okay, then. Good luck, Kat." she said then hugged me tight.

    "Ugh, thank you! I'm nervous. Okay. Bye!" I said and walked out of the apartment.

    I also felt good about the day ahead of me, so probably something good was going to happen. My gut is always right.

Jessie's POV

   I woke up late for work. I only had time to put some random clothes on, tie my hair up on a bun, brush my fringe and run off to work. This was unusual, I'm never late for anything, punctuality is something essential for me, the lack of it annoys me big time. But I was, so I had to run. Thankfully, I only lived a couple of blocks away from work. I couldn't lose my job. It was just temporary (I didn't plan on being a barista for the rest of my life) but I haven't been recognized as an artist yet - I only have a few songs written and I perform occasionally at some small festivals - so I had to find a way to pay the bills. 

   I arrived 10 minutes late. There were just a couple of costumers sitting on the couches talking.

   "It's 8:30, Jessica." my boss said, not looking very happy.

   "I know, I'm so sorry, my alarm didn't ring, I don't know what happened!" I tried to explain.

   "Lucky for you, the rush hour only starts in 10 minutes, and you have been punctual since your first day here." his expression softened a little. "Don't let it happen again."

   "I won't sir, I promise, thank you very much!" and I ran to the back to leave my things and grab my apron.

    The clients started arriving. It was a normal day. There were always those bitchy people, but I was used to it, I understood it, maybe they were just having a bad day.

   The place wasn't so rushed anymore when this dark-haired girl walked in, she was probably my age or a little older. She looked happy, I like seeing happy people. When she was close to the cashier she tripped and dropped her purse, I couldn't help but laughing.

   "Oh, gosh! This is so embarrassing" she said blushing "What a way to start my day"

   "Don't worry about it, I myself am extremely clumsy" I told her, trying to make her feel better, and she giggled "What can I get you?"

   "I want a small latte and a chocolate muffin, thank you" she answered "You're not from here, are you?"

   "No, I'm British" I answered smiling at her "And what's your name?"