Chapter 9

"I guess your not-date didn't go so bad after all." Sarah said when I walked home the next morning. I couldn't reply, I just sat down leaning on the door and broke down in tears. "Hey, what's wrong, Kat?" she asked, coming my way. 

  "Jessie was there." I said in between sobs.

  "Wait, you were with Jessie?" she asked again.

  "No!" I replied.

  "Ok, come here, honey." she said, helping me up from the floor. "Go sit on the couch, I'll grab a glass of water for you to help you calm down, then you can explain what happened." 

  Once I managed to breathe properly again and stop crying, I started telling her about the events on the prior night. "So, I was on the table, talking to the guy, Mark; he was dull and egotistical. I couldn't stand being there anymore, but you know, I kept going. Then I suddenly look up and Jessie is walking in, and she saw me, her face was… I felt so bad, she obviously got the wrong idea. So I went to restroom, and she was there. I tried to explain, but she didn't give me attention. Then her friend, the one that was with her at the club that night, walked in and she said some things to me and slapped me." 

  "She hit you?" Sarah asked, shocked. "What did Jessie do?" 

  "She pulled her away and said I wasn't worth it." I told her. "Which is kinda true, and I deserved that slap."

  "Katy, it's not your fault." she told me, caressing my shoulders.

  "Of course it is! I should've listened to you from the start, now I keep making things worse!" I said. "And now I've slept with that douche because… I don't even know why! I can't even blame the booze because I wasn't drunk! As much as I wish I was, because then I wouldn't remember it, but I do, I remember every second of it. I'm just… I'm so disgusted with myself, I can still feel him, I wanna crawl out of my skin." I rubbed my face, groaning.

  "Look, I think you should take a bath, take your time, relax a little." she suggested.

  I sighed. "Yeah, I need to cool off, calm down, wash off my skin. And I'll try to take a nap before I have to go to the studio, I feel exhausted."

Jessie's POV

   I couldn't really celebrate anything for the rest of our dinner. As much as I wanted to not think about Katy, to just ignore everything, forget about her, I couldn't. I was feeling a little better these days, especially because I had Holly to distract me, but tonight I felt that I hit rock bottom again.

  "Jess?" she said.

  "Yeah?" I asked.

  "I asked you a question." she stated.

  "Oh, sorry, I didn't hear, what did you say?" 

  "Jess, I know you're not feeling very good right now" Holly started. "so, here's the thing, we'll either go home and watch a film while drowning ourselves in ice-cream, or we'll go out and dance our asses off, whichever makes you feel better." 

  I smiled. "We'll go out. Tomorrow I can cry it out on ice-cream."

  "Ok, let's order the check."

   The other day I woke up with the door bell.

  "Are you expecting anyone?" Holly asked, dizzy from sleep.

  "What do you think?" I replied, walking to the door.

  "Well, I don't know." she replied, going into the kitchen.