Chapter 23 part 2

A/N: part 2 because the previous one was too short.

Jessie's POV

  "Wake up, Jessica." Natalie woke me up shouting and knocking several times on my door even after she opened it.

  "Oh, God, okay, I'm up!" I said, sitting down in bed, scrunching my eyes. "What time is it?"

  "Half past eleven."

  "And why are you waking me up? I have a day off." I asked her, rubbing my face.

  "Because you always complain when you wake up too late." 

  "I'm complaining now! About you waking me up like this!" I said. 

  "Sorry about that." 

  "Ugh, anyway, do you have plans for lunch?" I asked.

  "I was expecting to have lunch with you, which is also why I woke you up." she stated.

  "Good, because we have to talk." I started. "Guess who showed up at my gig last night?"

  "Who?" she asked, sitting down on my bed.

  "Katy."

  "No! Really?" she widened her eyes.

  "Yeah." 

  "Out of the blue?" 

  "Yeah, she arrived in London yesterday." I told her.

  "Then what happened?" 

  "Let me take a shower and get ready, we'll talk during lunch." I said and got up.

  "I'm curious now, Jessica!" she exclaimed.

  "Then I better get going." I told her, getting inside the bathroom and closing the door.

  Just as I was getting out of the shower, my phone started ringing. I wrapped the towel around my body and grabbed the phone to check who was calling. I took a deep breath before answering it.

  "Hello?" I said, nonchalantly. 

Katy's POV

  "Hey, Jess, it's Katy." I said when Jessie answered the phone.

  "Hi, Katy, how are you?" she asked.

  "I'm good." I replied. "Listen, I called to ask you out to dinner, tonight." 

  "Tonight? Yeah, I'm free tonight." she replied, after thinking for a second.

  "Great!" I said, contently.

  "Who else is going?" 

  "Um, no one, just us." I replied, confused.

  "Oh, of course. A friendly dinner?" 

  What? Friendly?

  "I, um…" Confidence, Katy. Be direct. "No, a date."

  "Okay. Are you picking me up?" she asked and I smiled.

  "Definitely. Is 7 good for you?" 

  "It's great. I'll be waiting." 

  "Ok, see you then." I said. "Bye."

  "Bye." and the line went off.

  I was staring at my phone and twirling a wisp of hair between my fingers for who knows how long with a silly smile on my face before Sarah snapped two fingers in front of my face, making me jump.