Twelve

Gigi said no

And okay, Zayn has to blame himself for that part because in his desperate - and he means desperate in a way that he was tugging at his hair and nibbling on his bottom lip until it bled - need to find a suitable omega to get him through the 5-7 day rut, he had just rung Gigi and basically growled like a caged animal for her to be the omega that Zayn spends his rut with. And of course, being an omega with pride and with her rights - and because it was Gigi - she had said no, in a way that basically screamed 'suffer on your own'.

Which Zayn would do, if he was an omega because unlike Omegas and their heats - where an omega can use replacements to an Alphas cock or knot to help them through the difficult and needy period - an Alpha without an omega - or dare Zayn day it, a beta - to get them through their heat is dangerous, not only to the alpha and his or hers health but to their surroundings.

Leaving this to the very - very - last minute is somewhat idiotic, and for someone as smart as Zayn it's beyond stupid for him to forget the date of his rut, nevermind have nothing planned. He needs to secure his home, stock up on foods, make sure that everything is safe and nested so when he fucks an omega, they aren't getting cut in two by the sharp edges of Zayns dinning room table.

He may be deranged - or slowly but surely becoming so - but that doesn't mean he wants the omega injured anymore other than Zayns cock and teeth.

"What are you doing here?"Harry pointedly glares at the alpha that stalks into the bookstore, clutching a pink box in his hands and wearing a small, forgiving smile on his face that makes the curly haired omega roll his eyes. Zayn had ran out and bought the best if the best cupcakes that money could buy, knowing what type that Harry preferred and even having two of them specially made to the omegas standards.

"I'm here to apologise for Gigi. Cupcakes?"Zayn smiles, opening the box whenever he's close enough to the counter for Harry to see what's inside. The omegas eyes widen, always having a soft spot for the delicious treat, finding his hand going to grab a hold of one but then snapping out of it, shaking his head with a grumble.

"No."Harry shakes his head of curls, stepping away from behind the counter and rounding it to go and out back some books. The alpha groans, setting the pink box back onto the bookstore counter and turning to watch the curly haired omega walk around the bookstore. The store was empty, with Harry closing the store for a lunch break meaning that Zayn was able to freely speak without the worry of others listening.

"No?"

"You're not here to apologise, you're here to ask for something."Harry glares over his shoulder at his Alpha friend, pushing that stupid little silver trolley filled with books that needed to be put back into its correct place. For an Alpha and an a Omega to be friends, it was a pretty uncommon thing in the world, mostly because it is said that Omegas are unable to stop the skews from bending over and take the first knot that is offered and alphas are never one to deny the chance of a mate.

Alphas and Omegas that have already been mated - or in Harry and Zayns case, for the Omega to be already mates to another Alpha - it was a lot rarer for them to be friends without the alpha of the omega to get possessive or the omega of the alpha to get jealous. It was probably the reason why Gigi disliked Harry so much, after accusing the omega of stealing Zayn, but fortunately enough, Liam saw no harm in his best friend and omega being friends.

"How could you tell?"Zayn dares to ask.

"You brought me cupcakes."Harry points out, moving books out of the way to only be met with Zayns face on the otherside of the bookshelf. He makes a face at his friend, shoving a book in the gap so that he no longer has to look at the kicked puppy expression that his normally stone dead friend is supporting on his gorgeous face.