Chapter 1: The Challenge

*Chantelle’s POV*

I woke up at 9:00 in the morning on June 5, 2012 at my house in Los Angeles to my phone singing Louis Tomlinson’s solo from “One Thing” by One Direction.  I groan, automatically knowing who it is.

“Hello?” I say groggily into the receiver with a loud groan.

“Hello, love!  You sound chipper this morning!”  Louis Tomlinson says on the line.  I groan even louder.  “I take that back.  You sound horrible,” he says in a more serious voice.

“You kind of woke me up, Lou Lou,” I say as I sit up and crawl out of my king size bed.  “What’s up?”  I ask as I open the door to my bedroom and begin to walk down the stairs to the kitchen to make myself some breakfast.

“I was wondering if you could open your front door and let me in,” he said cheekily.

I stop doing what I’m doing and get a serious look on my face.  “What the hell?  You’re here at my house?”  I ask as I walk to the window in my kitchen and look outside.  There standing and staring at my door is none other than Louis Tomlinson with his cellphone at his ear.

He laughs.  “Yeah, and I’ve been ringing your doorbell for ten minutes.  Now open up!” 

I end the call and walk to the door.  When I open it, I’m greeted with an over enthusiastic hug. 

“CHANTELLE!!!” he yells in my ear as he tackles me to the ground.

I laugh at his happiness about seeing me.  “Miss me much?”

He gets up and holds a hand out for me, which I gladly take.  “More than you can imagine,” he says as I stand up and close my door. 

“Are you hungry?  I was just going to make myself some breakfast,” I say as I lead him into the kitchen.

He shook his head.  “I already ate, but thanks anyways,” he says as he sits down on a bar stool and I take out a pan and go to the fridge to get some sausage and eggs.

I shrug.  “Oh well, more for me,” I say.  “So, what are you doing here, anyway?” I ask him.

He clears his throat.  “Well, I was wondering if you would like to come and meet the boys today,” he said.  There was a long pause.

I sigh. “Louis, I don’t really think that today is going to work.  I have the new album that I’m going to record in London next month and the new movie on top of that.  I have to get ready and book hotels, get my plane ready and pack and stuff,” I say with disappointment.  Louis had been trying to get our friendship out in the open with his band mates for a while now, and every time we make the arrangements, something goes wrong or one of us can’t make it.

Louis runs a hand through his hair.  “The boys have been waiting to meet my ‘special friend’ for so many weeks.  When do you think the best time will be?” he asks a little upset.

I shrug.  “I don’t know, Louis.  This week is not the best time to meet them because I’m so busy,” I say.  “And I have to be in London by the 12th of this month.”

Suddenly, Louis’s head shot up with an unreadable expression on his face.  “I have an idea, but I’m not sure you’re going to like it,” he says as he smirks.

I crack an egg in the frying pan and throw the shell in the garbage can next to me.  “What is it Louis?” I ask as I look him in the eye.

“You have a two month long break starting in the middle of July, right?  As well as possible recording and filming in London for a few months afterward?” he asks.