2 years later...

it wasn't a typical day for ara to grab coffee in the middle of her working hours. it had been two years since she changed her job from working at that old music outlet to arranging art materials for her next lesson. it was still somewhere nearby, but much further down.

glancing at her watch, she reckoned she had twenty minutes left before her students arrived thus wanted to go grab some coffee to warm her stomach up. after all, it was getting chilly in the october breeze.

as ara hurried down to the usual coffee place, memories of the certain mint hair boy flowed into her mind with the ring of the door. however, she managed to push it aside instantly as her mind found better things to focus on.

"lee ara?" the barista called out for the second time before a flustered ara came rushing for her coffee. she had given herself a fright, not knowing where she placed the keys after locking the store that afternoon.

with the familiar cling of metal, she sighed in relief and stepped backwards. however, with a swift motion she had not seen the stranger that was behind her and bumped her coffee into his knitted pullover, earning a rough grunt of displeasure.

"oh god, i am so so sorry. i didn't see where i was-"

if it wasn't for the familiar vanilla scent she picked up, ara wouldn't even have looked up to spot the familiar shade of mint she didn't realized she had missed so much. "i- i was- yoongi," she breathed, not realizing how her mouth was stuck hung agape.

"ara," the boy replied with the same amount of surprise as his eyes widened with pleasure at the sight of his first love.

was it fate? did destiny decide to let the two parallel ends of horizontal lines meet? yoongi decided to take the first greeting as he asked her about how she was doing, followed by a short 'i'm good now' by the brunette. she was speechless and flustered.

however, with a curt nod he had ended the conversation that was shorter than she had expected. with a replied goodbye, their feet headed in opposite directions more reluctant than they had first expected themselves to do. but she had a class to teach and he had somewhere to go.

maybe time wasn't on their side this time. 

and as the distant between the two bodies widened, she walked back with every step slower than her first. you left him ara, it was you. she kept chanting but yet she couldn't help but feel the tear in her heart get greater for every step taken.

"maybe another day, another lifetime yoongi. maybe so." and with that, she switched the closed sign of her art studio to an 'open' one.

fin.