Chapter 3

To say the ride home was weird would be an understatement. I mean no Ethan and I don't exactly have heart to hearts but still. I could sense him wanting to say something a couple times but he didn't for some reason, which was fine with me. He's acting kinda weird though,if I do say so myself.

The car pulled up outside of our house and I opened the door and got out. I saw Melinda's car in the driveway so I guess she was home.

Melinda was Ethan and Abigail-Ethan's little sister- mom and she was a middle school teacher although she didn't normally get home this early. His dad,Paul,lived here too but he wasn't home yet clearly.

"I'm home!" I shouted as I got inside.

Abigail came running towards me and grabbed unto my legs.

"Hi Rhayanna" she said and waved at Ethan.

I bent down and hoisted her up in my arms.

I swear I just loved her so much. She was five and the cutest thing ever. She had her mother's blonde curls and complexion but she got Ethan's clear blue eyes.

The smell of the pizza wafted in the air and I made my way to the kitchen with Abby in my arms.

"Hi Melinda" I said. She was currently removing the hot pizza from the oven.

"Hi Rhae,what's up?" she asked.

"Where's Ethan?"

"In his room I think. Can I have some?" I asked pointing at the pizza she was currently slicing up. It was ham and cheese,my favorite.

"Sure"

I put Abby down on the ground much to her protest and went to grab an extra plate.

I piled four slices on my plate and grabbed a glass and poured some orange juice for myself then headed up to my room.

Yeah I know four slices for a girl but dang I'm starving.

Two hours later after eating and binging on Netflix I was seriously bored. I heard o knock on my and got up wondering who it was. It sure wasn't Abby because she normally just barges in and plus she was probably already sleeping.

I reluctantly got up and opened the door to find Ethan standing there.

"What do u want?" I asked

He actually looked nervous..?

"Can I come in?" He asked and before it I opened the door wider and stepped back letting him in.

"Soooo....?"

"Well I wanted to say sorry about today. You know getting u a detention and all"

Well I can't say I expected that to be honest. But what can I say Ethan Miller is actually apologizing and to me no less. This is big.

"Kool" I replied. I really didn't know what to say to that. Yeah I was pretty angry earlier but for some reason it kinda evaporated.

He didn't leave though so I figured he had more to say. Which he did.

"Well anyways you know Chad,right?"

"Yeah, what about him? I asked confused

"Well he's having a party tonight. I'm not sure if you know where his house is but it's about an hour from here. Anyways I thought maybe you would wanna go?"

"Is there a specific reason why you're asking?" I asked because he's never invited me to actually go anywhere.

"Well as I said am sorry for the whole detention thing and Chad's parties are normally super cool so I figured that maybe you would want to"