Chapter 10- I'm Gonna Help You

(Gumball's POV)

I had gotten a few texts from Flame within the week we broke up but they eventually quit. The last message he sent though gave me chills. He typed everything he knew about me. My name, number, address, parents, and even my friends.

But I bet by now he's already forgotten about me.

"Do you wanna watch Regular Show?" Fionna asked. Marshall, Cake and I were all at her house.

"Yes!" Cake said, excitedly. She really liked Regular Show. Fionna turned it on and we all watched. I was on Marshall's lap and he had his arms wrapped around my waist.

"Don't you think that if this wasn't a kids show there would be a lot more weed involved?" Marshall said. We all laughed and agreed.

"Why is this even a kids show? It would be amazing on Adult Swim instead of regular Cartoon Network." Cake said.

"Adult Swim barely has enough time for all the shows on it." Fionna said.

"True." Marshall said. There was silence as we continued to watch the show. Eventually my stomach growled.

"Guys, I'm hungry." I said.

"Me too." Marshall said.

"C'mon let's go get something." I said getting up. Marshall followed suit and we headed upstairs to the kitchen.

"So, have you heard anything from Flame?" Marshall asked. I shook my head no. He already knew about the last text he sent me and nothing had come up since then. I walked over to the fridge and searched for something appetizing. When nothing caught my eye there, I moved to the pantry.

That's when I saw them.

Goldfish.

The best snack to have ever been created. But they were all the way on the top shelf, which is way taller than me. How did they even get up here?

I reached up, stretching my arm out as far as I could. Finally, I reached them. I was about to cheer but Marshall interrupted me.

"What the fuck are those?" He said.

"Uh, Goldfish?" I said confused.

"Not the fucking Goldfish!" He said, loudly.

"Stop cussing. What are you even talking about?"

"Those!" He said, pointing to my wrist. The blood drained from my face as I realized that my sleeve had slipped down and my cuts were completely visible.

"Oh..." Was all I could say. I was on the verge of tears and I didn't want them to spill over. Whenever someone mentioned them I always started to tear up and get a lump in my throat. I was such a huge baby.

"We're gonna talk about this." Marshall said.

"Okay." I said.

"Why'd you do it?" He asked. I didn't know if I could speak long enough to tell him without crying.

"A lot o-of different things. Can we go back downstairs now?"

"No! Tell me what the things were! I just want to help you."

"I-I don't need help."

"Yes you do. Just tell me. I won't judge you."

"Flame made me do it. Me pushing you away made me do it. The fact that I was doing it made me do it." I said, tears were finally starting to spill over.

"Don't cry babe." Marshall said wrapping me in his arms. I clung onto him and finally let it all out.

"It's okay. Flame is gone now, we're back together and you're going to stop. I'm gonna help you." He said. There was silence before he opened his mouth again.

"I-I love you." He said. I looked up at him, my face tear streaked.

"I love you, too."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Okay, stopping there. I know it's short but I gave you a lot cx

I hope you guys like it c: this story is drawing to a close and I'm wondering if I should do a sequel?

COMMENT

VOTE