Like Wild Fire

Liam Pov:

I struggled to get my books into my locker. My books fell to the floor, but I didn't care.

Come on Liam, you're already late for class.

A figure jogged next to me, crouching to pick up my books. I wasn't able to see the face of the person, but from the corner of my eye, I could see black hair styled up.

It's probably just another student.

My books fell into my locker and I arranged them. The person stood up "Um..you dropped your book" I turned and flinched. It was Zayn "Li-Liam?!" He exclaimed. I stood startled but went back to my locker without another word. I clicked the lock on the locker and rushed to my class. Zayn stood there, calling my name "Liam!"

Shit! Shit! Fuck he saw me. Ugh

I began to walk faster and turned the corner, his voice out of my hearing range.

Oh thank god he didn't come after me.

Nobody was in the halls. Only me and probably Zayn who stood startled.

Shit. Doesn't Zayn go to that Islamic school downtown or something. I thought I would never see him again. After graduation from elementary school, I thought I would only see Harry, Louis, and Niall. Fuck! I think he's coming to the school. Why else would he be here? No family members go here.

I began to jog to my class, afraid of the detention I would receive from my tardiness. I entered my geometry class, opening the door silently, and closing it without a slam. I didn't want to get in any trouble for being late. "Liam!" A voice said sternly.

Oh god, there goes my perfect record . Now I'll bever be able to go to any of to any of the good colleg-

"Liam Payne? Absent?" Mrs. Grant questioned. Her face staring sternly at the attendance sheet.

Thank god it's only the attendance.

"Present! I'm here!" I said rushing to my seat hoping she didn't lift her face from her attendance sheet.

"Somebody's late." Harry said sarcastically.

"If she doesn't see me come in late then I'm technically not late" I shrugged sticking out my tongue. I pulled my chair out, taking a seat next to Harry, my one and only 'smart' friend.

"You got lucky this time Payne." He pointed his finger at me. I sat down shacking my leg. "What got you so worked up?" Harry asked putting his hand on my knee, stopping the shacking.

"I saw Zayn today." I said shakily.

"So..."

"Do you not know how many times I have told you I have a crush on him." I whispered.

"Oh yea...since what like 3rd grade was it?"

"You're supposed to be my best friend Harry. These are things you gotta remember. Why else do you think I avoid him?"

"Cause you're an overly exaggerating shy guy."

"No..."

"Anyways, so tell me what happened, how'd you see him?" He asked. I explained what happed and how embarrassing it was to have him help me and me not talk to him.

"What!" He shouted.

"Styles! Be quiet and do your work." Mrs. Grant exclaimed staring at Harry and I.

"Can you be anymore louder?" I said slapping his shoulder.

"How could you not have not said something to him. He was being generous and helped you with your books and you just ignore him. He hasn't seen you all summer and practically all 8th grade and the chance you get to actually talk to him you just ignore him." Harry said, staring at me with his pen in hand gripping it to dear life.

"What was I supposed to do, say 'Hi, I ignored you all 8th grade. Have a massive crush on you. You picked up my books, wanna be best friends?' It doesn't work like that Harry." I said, looking up from my paper and staring into his green eyes. He looked down at his paper beginning to write.

"Well you could have at least said 'thanks'. I don't want you to poor you heart and soul into your first conversation with him. It's just that you finally get the chance to talk to him and you ruin it by being shy and running away." The bell rang as he finished his sentence. I sprawled from my chair and headed for the door.

I can't wait to leave this prison.

"Leeyum! Don't forget to stop being shy, it might help get'em" Harry yelled from the class.

Harry doesn't know what he's talking about, Even if I were to stop being my reserved self, Zayn probably favored girls. One thing I know is that my curly hair and brown eyes won't change a straight guy to be gay. I think I've studied Zayn enough to know he's straight. He's dated like 2000 girls. They were practically drooling over him wherever he went. And he was to come to Michester, things would get better, even more girls would be drooling over him.

I held my books against my chest, and kept my head down, rushing through the halls. "Payne" I heard a high voice call. I raised my head, searching for who called. He was short, had a blue eyes, with light brown hair, waving at me.

Oh it's just Lou.

"Hey!" I waved over the crowed of people. He came closer, making his way through the crowd.

"Hey, did you hear, Zayn is coming to Minchester!"

"Uh yea, I bumped into him early today."

"Oh well what'd he say?"

"Um nothing, I didn't really get a chance to talk to him, I just saw him for a second."

Louis feels as if he's Zayn's best friend, but he's just a troublesome kid, always getting on his nerves. Liam! What are you thinking, Lou is your friend, he's one of your closets, besides Harry.

"So you skipping class?" He asked, leaning against a wall.

"No, I can't let that ever happen, I'm an honors student."

"Come on Li, loosen up." He grabbed my arms shacking them. He let go and I began to turn away walking.

"Bye Lou! I gotta get to class!" I waved away.

Danm, how'd Lou already know that Zayn was coming to Minchester. The halls were empty when he helped me, I guess he saw him outside school when he was skipping.

I headed to my next class, only 3 minutes to spare.

A/N

I'm sorry if its late, but there you go. If theres mistakes I'm sorry. I do these chapters at night when nobody bothers me. Comment and Enjoy! :D