Part 3

I hope you guys are liking this so far. Haha, it's kind of slow. Or...maybe fast. I can't tell. I just don't want to get TOO into the story yet. :P GOD. I've been feeling miserable lately. \: I had a great time Monday, you know? But now it's just...I don't know. Ever since then, I just felt like I'm about to cry every day. :c But, I decided I'd start writing instead of doing something I might regret, so yeah.

Hope you guys like it! :D

And, I'm including a bit of my own personality in this part (not much, just a little bit), even though I hate it when people do that. XP But whatever. Enjoy! :3

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We went around the back of the store where the employee from before told us they were "burning" the CDs. I didn't want to see it. This was all going to be too much for me, I just knew it. I mean, they were destroying music, the very thing my life and soul thrived off of. By taking music away, they'd take my being from me. I tried not to think about it. I focused my thoughts on walking with Oliver to the back of the store.

"Whoa," Oliver breathed. I closed my eyes instantly. I could hear the crackling of the fire, and I could feel the heat. I could hear things being tossed into the flames. I couldn't help but open my eyes. My heart dropped through the ground beneath my Converse. They were burning everything. One thing in particular caught my eye.

"No!" I yelled at the sight of a Breaking Benjamin CD. They'd been my emotional solace for my entire existance, and they were eveything to me. I wouldn't exist without them.

I lunged forward to save the forsaken disk, but a hand latched onto my wrist, stopping me from completing my feat. "Stop! Let go of me, Oliver!" I screamed. I earned the attention of the employees committing the horrid deed. "What are you doing? Why are you burning everything?" I shouted, pulling with all the force I could muster to be released from Oliver's grasp. He didn't budge.

The employees stared at me like I was insane, and proceeded to throw the CD into the conflagration. The flames engulfed it instantaneously. I cried out, my eyes tearing up. Oliver took my other hand, turning me around and bringing me to his chest. Normally, I'd be blushing intensely, but I was too upset to think about it.

"Whitley, it's okay. Calm dow-"

"Calm down? How can I 'calm down' when they're burning what I live for?" I yelled. He frowned down at me. He attempted to comfort me by putting a hand on my back, but I was far from being comforted at this point. My heart wrenched inside me. I knew inside that this was a terrible overreaction, but it was inevitable. How was I supposed to respond to the band I put all of my faith into being reduced to ashes?

Oliver sighed. "You need to go home before this get way out of control," he reasoned, his eyes piercing through mine. I nodded, unable to speak. He pulled me along toward his car. He opened the door for me, like a gentleman, and I got in. He slid into the driver's side, but didn't start the car. He just stared at the steering wheel. I stared at him, waiting for him to speak.

"I'm sorry." The two words broke my heart. "I know how much that band means to you, and I didn't do anything to stop it."

"Oliver-"

"No, don't. It's not right. I should've stopped them or something. I should have done something," he said. "And I'm sorry for that."

I became morose. He felt that bad for something like that? I mean, I was pretty much hysterical back there, but I didn't mean for him to feel so bad about it.