Part 4

Sooo.....I haven't been writing much at all lately, but I figured I'd start up again. :3 You're welcome. Haha whatever. I saw The Devil Inside the other week. I literally went laughing out of the theater. So, if you want a good laugh, see it. If you want to be scared, don't go. ...I have writer's block. Really bad. And the song on the side is the one I listened to while writing this whole part. So don't expect too much. XP Anyway, I'm going to write now and stop procrastinating, and maybe my dad and brother will quit yelling at eachother. -__-

^^That was written a year ago. WOW THIS IS FREAKING WEIRD I HAVEN'T UPDATED IN AN ENTIRE YEAR WHOOPS. I'm editing my part 4. .-. So most everything here was written a year ago. I had to go back and read my other parts so I could remember where I was going with this. XD Whoops. Anyways, enjoy!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Resident:

It is civil duty to inform you of the current state of the Government. As of August 28, the distribution of any electronics that play music has been halted. Electronics that fit this description such as iPod/iPad/iPhone, MP3 and MP4 players, portable/stationary CD and cassette players, car/truck/stationary radios, CDs, casettes, etc. are to be confiscated immediately. If you are in the possession of any of said electronics or any device with these capabilities, turn them in to the nearest police station. If you refuse to do so, any suspicion of musical possession will be examined in the form of a search of your property/home. If you resist the confiscation of your devices, you will be arrested at the scene.

Any musical producing items such as string instruments of any kind, percussion instruments of any kind, brass instruments of any kind, woodwind instruments of any kind, keyboard instruments of any kind, and any computerized program that is capable of producing the effect of any of the previous examples must be stamped with a label issued only by the Government. These labels can be purchased at any music store location. If you are caught with an unlabeled instrument or an instrument with a false label, you will be arrested at the scene.

Thank you for your patience. If you have any questions, please contact the local police."

 The signature at the bottom of the letter was a well known member of MAB Co., George Small. I didn't know much about him, but what I did know, was that he was number one on my hit list. I felt tears fill my eyes. I tried to cover it up by pretending to yawn. My eyes watered when I yawned, so it was a pretty good explanation.

Oliver took the notice from me. I stared at the table. I couldn't believe this. My entire world was being taken from me. "At least they're letting us keep our instruments. We've gotta play this safe, though. We need to go by the music store after school and get those stupid labels," Ben reasoned. He was right. I didn't want my guitars and piano to be taken from me, too.

"I guess you're right, man. Gotta play it safe," Oliver replied. My friends nodded in agreeance. I still had a question that hadn't been answered. Where were they doing this? Statewide? Nationwide? Worldwide?

"Ben, where did you move here from?" I asked.

He looked at me, confused. "Uh, I moved to Oregon after the ninth grade, then in tenth I moved to California, and now I'm here."

"Was this going on in those states, too?"

"Yep. It's going on everywhere in the U.S. I heard something the other day about them doing this in England, too. I don't know anything about anywhere else, though." He sighed deeply and looked downward. Apparently, I wasn't the only one being affected by this. At least now I had an idea of what was going on. My thoughts raced. What else would they ban? Just music? Would they eventually take our instruments? Would they imprison anyone that played music?  If anything else was banned, I wasn't sure I could go on.