The Presentation Of (3/3)

She had just taken the covers off of her couch. It had been in her possession for well over a year, and for the majority of that time, the protective plastic layer remained cloaked on the furniture. She wasn't particularly a slob, but like most people, she would fall victim to the occasional spills and stains that plagued household fabrics. When her stays at Levi's house became regular, she felt comfortable enough to remove the plastic and enjoy the suede material during the rare event that she was in her own domicile. 

"Not the couch, please," she begged between pants.

"Get over the damn couch, you have no choice!" Mikasa ordered.

Levi was comfortably able to lift _______ in his arms and lay her on the couch. Having no phone on his person, he told his cousin to dial the paramedics while he moved the loveseat directly next to the couch, making a larger area for him and her to stay. He managed her pants and underwear off. 

"I'm not getting a signal," she walked over to the couch fortress and held her friend's hand, "Honey, where's your phone?"

"That was cut two weeks ago."

She ran to the window, cursing at the source of their isolation: snow. It had been snowing since before the two left for the confrontation, however, it had considerably picked up since their arrival. The cars had already been covered in a blanket with no leniency in sight. The wind was obnoxiously audible, even a little violent. 

"I think we're caught in a blizzard."

"You're shitting me," he snapped.

There was no ceasing of the agonized moans. He tried to hold her attention by coaching her breathing and holding her hand. In the meantime, Mikasa left the apartment to ask any neighbors for help.

"Come on, through the nose, out the mouth."

"Levi it hurts," she whined.

"I know, I know," he insisted. 

"Levi?"

"Yes?"

"Kill yourself."

"Don't worry, you'll beat me to that."

By the time Mikasa returned to the scene, ______ was merely a few decibles away from screaming. She lamented that none of the neighbors appeared to be home. She even took the liberty of checking all five stories the building held. The women were just about equally glazed in sweat and irritation.

"Jesus fucking Christ. Mikasa, grab me towels from the bathroom," Levi requested.

"What are YOU doing?" She asked as she left for them.

"Coaching, don't question me. I've read up on this."

"How do you have NO towels!" The oriental stormed.

"I brought them to his house since he complained I went through his towels too much."

"Now what?"

"There's a supply closet in the lobby. They have towels, sheets, and pillows for sale if you live here."

Levi sighed, pinching the bridge of his nose. Though the woman in labour had no desire to move, they had all rationalized that it would be better for them to be on the first floor should emergency repsonders reach them. After the couches were seperated, he stood and pulled _______ to her feet. He proceeded to carry her bridal style as they left for the lobby.

"What the Hell is this?" Mikasa asked, tearing at the warning tape.

The doors to the staircase had been taped off. Looking through the windows revealed a stairless section under reconstruction with no workers actively building them. Luckily there was an adjacent elevator. They entered the car and pressed for the main floor.

"Are you okay?" He asked her.

"No," she moaned, clinging to him.

"How long have you been feeling your contractions?"

"I thought I was just being sensitive, but I think I've been feeling them for a few hours."