Mortifying

"Glad you two are friends again." says Fab, sipping on the cup of coffee I made for him.

Nick switches on the T.V. "Yeah, he's been such a drag since you left."

I roll my eyes, not really paying attention as I flip through some music magazine. "Oh, yeah?"

Soon after that, Albert walks in, shivering, his hair and shoulders covered in snowflakes.

I look up from my magazine and giggle at the sight. "You right there, Junior?"

"It's really getting cold out there." His teeth chatter. "I was gonna go out and see if I could find any cheap trees, but it's too hectic--a blazer ain't gonna cut it!"

"We've got plenty of time to get a tree." says Fab nonchalantly. "Don't stress, man."

"People go crazy around Christmas time though!" Albert exclaims. "They sell fast! We're already behind! People get trees in November!"

"I'll go out with you later to look for one?" I look up, raising a brow.

"Yeah, that'd be rad!" Albert grins.

Some cheesy Christmas song comes on the radio, I lean over and shut it off, peering down at my magazine again.

There should be a rule that they can't play any Christmas music in stores or on the radio until at least halfway through December. It's only the 1st! I know people go crazy for this time of year...but come on!

Albert shakes the the snow from his crazy mass of curly locks, still shivering.

"I'll make you some coffee, Albert." I stand up, laughing. "It'll warm you up."

"Yes please!" He perks up, nodding. "I'd make it myself, but I can't feel my hands."

Albert follows me into the kitchen and leans against the counter.

"Where did Jules go by the way?" I ask, pulling out a mug.

"Either to see Samara," replies Albert, making me bite the insides of my cheeks at the mention of her name. "...or to get weed. Who knows really."

"Cool." I force a smile. "I presume Niko's at work?"

"Yeah, poor guy. We all got a day off due to the snow, but his boss was not havin' it!" Albert laughs.

"Aww." I pout, imagining Nikolai walking to work in the freezing cold.

"Nick, you should be the one out there freezing to death, working off your surprise concert ticket spending spree!" I call out.

"Hey! You all enjoyed it!" he whines, making me giggle. "Especially you, Jade!" He points a finger at me.

"Why especially me?" I raise an eyebrow. "Oh, no...what did I do?"

"Got high, got drunk and dropped some acid." Nick starts to laugh at the memory, also triggering Fab's laughter. "Long story short, it didn't mix well. There was a lot of dancing."

My eyes widen and I bury my face in my hands. "Mortifying." I groan.

Albert starts dancing around in the kitchen, mocking me with a goofy laugh.

I pick up the jug of hot coffee and hold it up in the air, threatening to pour it over his head. "Still need to be warmed up, Albert?"

"I think I'll take that coffee to go, please!" he ducks.

I huff, setting it back down on the counter and pouring it into the mug.

"Thank you." Albert bows his head and grabs the cup, running back over to the living area.

I pour myself another cup and join the guys on the sofa, shooting Albert a nasty glare.