Chapter 9

Mello's POV

Its been a few weeks since L came and gave us all our tests. Near has gotten kind of used to living at Wammys. He's still pretty shy and barely eats anything. But say we'll do a puzzle or play with his robots and he'll do anything. I was getting ready for classes and was combing my hair when I noticed Near looking at me in the mirror. "Is there something wrong Near?" I ask as I turn to face him. He shook his head. "N-no.... I'm sorry Mello. I was just thinking." I noticed a light blush on his cheeks. 'He's so cute...' I thought as I turned around.

"Come on. We gotta go to class." I said as I get my bag together and tosses his to him. "Roger will kill us if we miss class." I left shortly after so I wouldn't be late to class and get in trouble again.

When I got to class I hurried to my seat next to Matt and realized he was giving me a weird look. "What Matt? It's not like I'm late to class so why the look?" I asked concerned. "It's nothing, just that you normally show up with Near, is he okay?" He asked seeming a little too concerned for my liking. "He's fine Matt. Why do you care? He's not your roommate." I said defensively. 

Matt looked at me confused for a second and then got a look of realization on his face. "Mello.... Do you like Near?!" I looked at him, feeling both shocked and scared and scoffed trying to hide the fear. "W-what? Me? Like that fluff ball? Ha! Matt I think you've been smoking more than cigarettes my friend." I laugh trying to brush it off when I hear a small sniffle on the other side of  me. I look over and see Near sitting in his desk.

"O-oh no.... Near I didn't see you there I..." He cut me off, sounding hurt. "No Mello.... Don't try and take it back now... I knew I should have never believed that someone would like me.... friend or otherwise... J-just leave me alone...." He said looking down at his desk ignoring me as I tried to explain that it was all a misunderstanding. 

Hey guys! If you read my one shot story you are probably surprised to see an update on this story as well. I am feeling a little better but that could change any time now so hopefully things stay good for a little while. Hope you all enjoyed reading this.