Dangerously Hot

Chapter 2

"Hey, why are you crying?" I lift my head to see a boy with the most bluest eyes standing at the end of the bench.

"What's it to you?" I said angrily, wiping the tears off my face.

"Woah.. No need to be defensive, I just asked a question," he said lifting his hands over his head. I turn my head away from him and stare at my knees in front of me. Man.. I didn't mean to sound mean, but I honestly don't want to talk with anyone. He's really cute, which it makes it even more awkward to cry in front of him.

"If you're just here to make fun of me, go away. I've already heard it all so whatever you say won't affect me," I said clutching my hands. The boy warily smiles at me, and takes a seat next to me. I look at him in disbelief. Doesn't he get the hint that I want to be alone??

"I know what went down between you and Ashley, but the seventh and eighth graders can be a little jerky when someone seems like a threat to them."

"A little jerky?" I chuckle, "that's nearly an understatement to me." They won't leave me alone because I'm a just a little younger than everyone else in my school.

Which explains why I'm sitting by myself in the Town's famous park crying. My heart sinks even further, knowing that Emily must be worried sick about me. Ashley and her friends were making fun of me for being small and how I don't belong here with the rest of the students. Emily went to defend me but I couldn't handle there insults and ran off here.

"But you shouldn't let them get to you. They're  jealous because you're smart." The boy says smiling to me.

"Is that why they always call me those names?" I said slightly blushing. It's the first someone from my school besides Emily complemented me. I don't see why people need to be so rude over one insignificant fact. They act like I'm hurting people, when in reality their hurting me. 

My eyes focused on my shoes until I look up to see that the boy grew quietly. I look towards him to see guilt in his eyes. I was confused by the guilt that was shown on his face. I've only encounter him once in school but he's right here next to me trying to make me feel better?  It really didn't make any sense but I didn't mind.

My eyes shut close when someone taps me on the shoulder. "You're Haley right?" I turn around to see a tall build in front of me. That voice, that body, it's him.

Well this was a view I can get use too.

Nodding quickly, I made room between us. "Oh good, I thought I got the wrong person," he chuckled. My head leans against my hand, swooning over his voice.

"Can you meet me at the park this afternoon? There's something I want to ask you."

He said what again?

I blink once, twice. My mind has gone completely useless! Come on Haley, say something already!

"She'll love to meet you at park, what time?" My head snaps towards Emily. She innocently smiles at him, waiting for an answer. I owe this girl my life.

"Around five."

"Sounds great, she'll see you there."

I turn to see him again and he smiles at me, giving me a nod of approval. I'm grabbing the edge of the seat, still progressing what's happening right now. I dumbfounding smile at him. "See you then." He says, winking at me. I watch him slowly as he walks out of the cafe away with his friends.