Chapter Ten: My Addiction [End]

"You too.." Jack replied, hand beginning to tremble around the dagger as he debated in his mind what to do next. 

Another hand, slightly bigger than his, decided for him as it wrapped loosely around Jack's boney wrist.

"You can't... you know you can't.." Hades spoke in calmly.

Jack looked up at him, staring deep into his eyes.

"Who are you to say what I will and will not do? You do not know what I am capable-"

A pair of lips came crashing into his own, before he even had a chance to finish what he was saying.

The blade of the dagger dug into the flesh of Hades's forearm. It didn't bother him, despite the stinging pain that it brought, he held Jack closer to him, lips not daring to break apart.

Soon Hades began to feel lightheaded from the lack of oxygen and loss of blood. Though he still kept his lips locked with the other man's cold ones. It wasn't a rough and sloppy kind of kiss. It was a slow and gentle one, filled with passion and yet heartache. The heartache came from the killers point of view on it. His emotions were all mixed up in an unfixable mess. A mess...all that was left of him was now a mess.

"Why do you do this to me.." Jack managed to choke out in a shakey voice. Tears began to form, the dagger was dropped to the floor as the killer hurried to bury his face in his trembling hands.

There was many things that Hades thought he would never see or hear Jack do, and crying was one at the top of the list. Gently he pulled away Jack's hands from his face and held up his head to look him deep in the eyes.

And there more vulnerable than ever, was the innocent little boy trapped inside those cold green eyes.

"Because I love you..You love me too" whispered Hades, taking Jack's hand back in his. He brought it up to his chest, placing it right where his heart was located. 

"How touching" a raspy voice spoke, causing the two to pull away from each other. Dax stood in the doorway of the bathroom, his hands twirling a gun around. 

Hades pushed Jack behind him, glaring at Dax with a murderous look on his face. He didn't even realize what he was doing until Dax let out a loud laugh. "Oh that's just rich Hades, you, the person he tried to kill hours earlier is now defending him? The look on your face too mate! Just gorgeous" he laughed, blood leaked down the corner of his mouth.

"Dax..Put the gun down now..It doesn't have to be like this man..We'll leave and you'll never hear from us again.." Hades tried to reason with him.

"I can't do that Hades baby" he gave him a painful smile, "You know why I can't do that.."

"Dax..."

Jack glanced at something in Hades's back pocket, then back to the man holding the gun in front of them. His fingers carefully pulled the object out and clicked it open.

"You chose him over me! Your best friend! To me you're just as sick as him so you know what!.." Dax trailed off, holding up the gun and pointed it at the two. 

The man didn't even have time to steady his aim and pull the trigger. Before he even got a chance to open his mouth to finish what he had to say, Jack had thrown a knife straight towards the man's hand. Instead it got stuck in his arm, causing it jerk to the side which made him end up shooting the sink. Like a geyser, water shot up out of the sink and fell down on them like rain.

While Dax was busy trying to get the knife out of his arm, Jack had picked up the dagger on the floor and sliced it across Dax's face before he knocked the gun out of his hand. The foolish one took a swing at the killer, who dodged it by ducking. He then slipped around him, holding Dax in a head lock from behind ready to snap his neck.