Chapter 12

Dedicated to mandycandycane for commenting and adding my story to her library! Thnks ur support means alot!

Enjoy the chptr , srry for the late upload. PLEASE VOTE :)

Chapter 12

I fell asleep after what felt like the most restless hours of my life. Mom woke me up at around eleven. My head felt heavy.

“Leah, is everything okay honey? You didn’t even eat dinner last night. Your father told me not to disturb you so I didn’t come up to ask.”

“Yeah I’m fine now Mom. I was like PMSing…sorry.” I lied.

Mom came and sat on my bed. She looked into my eyes and frowned. “Are you sure?”

I gave her a small smile, “Yes mother! Now can I please get up and wash my face?”

Mom didn’t seem to believe me but she got up anyways and nodded. “I’ll make you a fresh batch of pancakes.”

Once she left, I checked my phone. There was a good morning text from Chad and no texts or calls from Hannah and she leaves today. Wow, what a friend she is. She freaks out on me and now she can’t even apologize before leaving. Whatever forget her. If she can’t be happy when I’m happy then why even bother caring. I replied back to Chad and went to the bathroom. I looked in the mirror and for some reason I looked different. I still had the same big brown eyes, long dark brown hair, thin lips, round nose and small ears but there was something different about me…I don’t know what though. It was really weird; I didn’t look like my old self somehow. Hmm. Maybe it’s just me.

After breakfast Dad called me into his room. He was lying on the bed. I noticed him getting weaker and weaker as the days passed. I think it’s time I told him the good news.

“Hey Dad. How are you feeling?” I asked sitting on the bed beside him.

Dad sighed, “Okay, I guess.” After a few seconds of silence he said, “Leah I’m sorry.”

I gave him a puzzled look, “Sorry? For what?”

“For giving you so much stress. For making you upset. For making you go through so much just for me.” He looked down while saying as if he were embarrassed to face me. I couldn’t see my father like this, it hurt me so much how he thinks he’s ruining my life when he’s really not.

I took his hand, “No, Dad. Don’t say that. I could never pay you back for all the happiness and all the sacrifices you’ve made for me. Even when the past year you didn’t show your love, deep down inside I know you loved me more than anything. And this is just a test and we are family. If one feels pain, we all do and I’m willing to do anything to cure you.” Tears welled up in my eyes.

Dad smiled and pulled me into a hug, “I love you so much, Leah.”

“Me too.” I mumbled into his chest.

After the whole emotional embrace, I decided to break the good news. “Dad, I have the money for your surgery.”

Dad’s eyes widened, “And how is that?”

“Don’t worry about that. I’m going to be getting the money in a few days and then we can make arrangements for it.” I said. I wasn’t going to tell him Chad offered or else he would freak.

“Leah, where are you getting all this money from? I deserve to know.” He looked me in the eyes demanding the truth. What do I say? I can’t tell him…no way. I have to come up with an excuse and fast.

“I had some money saved up from baby-sitting and tutoring and the rest….” My voice trailed off. Uh-oh what do I say next?

Dad was still staring at me, “The rest?”