Chapter 10

Dedicated to Kissmylevermind for fanning, commenting, and adding my story to her library! Thnks sooo much!!! <3

Please vote :)

Chapter 10

"DAD!" I cried out running over to his helpless body on the floor next to his bed. I kneeled down and shook him yelling his name over and over again. My head was spinning and tears were running down my face. I then ran to the nearest phone and dialed 9-1-1, my fingers stumbling on each number.

"911, what is your emergency?" a woman's voice answered.

"Please get here quickly with an ambulance, my father is unconcious and I don't even know for how long. Just hurry up, I am all alone!" I rambled onto the phone, sobbing.

The woman asked no more questions and just simply replied, "Okay, don't worry. They're on thier way. Stay calm."

After hanging up, I ran over to Dad again. I continued shaking his body but there was still no response. I was crying more than anything and I just felt so scared. My head was hurting badly and my hands were trembling endlessly. I couldn't even think straight because I've never been in a situation like this.

Just then, I heard sirens outside. Wow, they are fast. I ran downstairs to the door and opened it with a swift motion. Three firefighters, two paramedic people carrying a small bed and some kind of technical equipment, and two police officers came in asking me where to go. I closed the door and ran upstairs with them following behind me, chattering loudly. Once we got the room, one of the paramedic people went running to Dad's body, checked his pulse and then gestured the other to help put him on the bed. They also put on an oxygen mask on Dad and then went rushing out of the room. I watched in horror and rushed behind them. Two police officers starting questioning me when I got downstairs, but I waved my hand at them, and told them that I can't talk. They looked at me in confusion but continued outside. I knew had to follow that ambulance, but I realized Mom took the car. Uh-oh, Mom. I had to call her but first I needed to get myself a ride.

"Can you take to the hospital, please?" I asked one of the police officers in a weary voice. He blinked and nodded. The ambulance was already long gone and they were my only hope. I got into the back of their car and watched as the police officer sped, catching up to the ambulance. I quickly then dialed Mom's number and calmly told her the whole situation. She started yelling on the phone immediately, "What? How? Oh my Lord!"

"Mom keep calm! We're heading towards the Justifer Health Care Center..get there as soon as possible. Please drive safe."

I could hear Mom sobbing on the other end, "Okay." she simply replied in a weary voice and hung up.

A few seconds later, we finally reached the hospital. I thanked the police officers and rushed out of the car towards the emergency room. When I got to the front desk, I told the receptionist my father's name and his condition. She noted it down and told me to sit and just wait for an update. I sat down on a nearby chair and sighed heavily. I was afraid for my father and I didn't care about anything else right now. Suddenly my phone started vibrating. I took it out of my pocket and it was Chad, of course.

"Hey"

was all he wrote. I put my phone back into my pocket and slumped in my seat. I was not in the mood of texting at all, even if it was Chad..

After a while of dreadful waiting, Mom finally rushed into the room. Her face was red, tears were streaming down her face, her hair was all over the place; she was basically a huge mess. Once she saw me, she came and hugged me tightly, sobbing heavily. I rubbed her back and told her to calm down. I somehow then got her to sit down and then wiped her stained face.