Chapter 6

Dedicated to sameen for being a great sister and great help! xoxoxoxo

Chapter 6

"I can't believe it!" Hannah exclaimed. I called her right after Chad dropped me home and told her every detail.

"I know..it's unbelievable. You don't know how happy I am!" I smiled wide but then suddenly frowned. "Oh shit!"

"What's wrong?" Hannah asked worriedly.

I remembered Jessie's threat. What is she going to do when she finds out me and Chad are more that just friends?! I told Hannah and she laughed.

"I just got threatened and your laughing?" I flipped out on her.

"Don't tell me you're scared of that one helpless and desperate girl Leah! You've got to be kidding me!" she exclaimed still laughing.

"She was serious though! And she's really freaky, you don't even know what she's able to do!" I yelled a little too loud.

"Girl! Relax! She can't do anyting! And you have Chad for protection so what's the worry? And didn't Chad say to keep it the down low for now anyways? How is she even going to find out?"

I thought about it, "Well...you do have a point."

"Just don't freak out and if she confronts you again, you have to promise me you won't just stand there frozen. You have to stick up for yourself!"

The thought made me shudder but Hannah was right, I can't show myself as a wimp to her! "Okay, I promise I will!"

Just then I heard the front door open. "Gotta go. I'll text you." I said quietly.

"Alrighty, bye!"

After hanging up, I ran to the door where I saw Dad putting his keys on the table.

"Dad?" I asked.

He turned and glanced at me, "Yeah, what is it?" he said in a monotonous voice. He looked like he hasn't slept for days; there were deep bags under his eyes I never really noticed before.

"Um, you're home pretty early. It's only 2." I replied looking confused.

"Leah, I'm not in a good mood, so it's better if you just keep your mouth shut."he snapped. That's it! I can't take his attitude anymore! I thought about all the times that I have tried to have a conversation with Dad and everytime he would shut me up and tell me to leave him alone. All those past memories raced through my mind and forced me to blow.

"When are you ever in a good mood?!" I yelled, my face burning from anger, "I understand you lost your freaking dream job but that dosen't mean you treat your family like a piece of shit!"

"How dare you use that language and tone with me young lady! Do you know who you're talking to like that?" He yelled back, his eyes raging with anger.

"Yeah, my so-called father! You know what, it dosen't even seem like I even have a father anymore! The father who used to kiss me goodnight, the father who bought me everything I wanted, the father who cared about my feelings...he just died!" Tears were streaming down my face and suddenly I started bawling. It feels like i've been holding these tears for years. Dad just stood there looking dazed and then the most shocking thing happened: Dad was tearing...no.. sobbing! He went to the kitchen table and sat himself down. His hands were over his head and he just sat there sobbing. Now I was shocked, I've never seen my father cry in my whole life! I went to him and put my hand on his shoulder.

"D-dad, are y-you okay?" I stammered, tears still running down my face. He sat there motionless for a few seconds and then looked up. His short brown hair was tossled up and his dark brown eyes were filled with tears that were rapidly running down his face. He suddenly got up and embraced me with all his might. He was crying like a little baby and holding me tight against his chest.