Chapter 2- Summers Over

Chapter 2- Summers over.

2 Months Later-First Day Of School.

"Maddie! Hurry up! You still need to eat breakfast! Come on, you don't want to be late for your first day back!" Calls my aunt Lilly.

I actually did want to be late. I hate the first day back from summer, don't get me wrong I love school, just not the first day. Not wanting to keep my cousins and aunt waiting for me, I get dressed, brush my long curly brown hair and put it in a bun then I  brush my teeth, I don't even put on makeup anymore, why bother? I grab my backpack off my desk that's covered in photographs that I don't even look at because if I do ill start to sob and wont be able to stop. I make my way downstairs where I smell pancakes, my favorite.

"Morning," I say, sitting on a stool from the big kitchen island and grabbing a pancake. "you guys ready for your first day of high school?' I ask my younger cousins.

"Yea,"

"No,"

"Aaron why don't you want to go to high school?'

"Maci wont be there today or this week, she's sick." he said frowning and running a hand though his dirty blond hair that matches his sisters. Maci is his girlfriend from over 2 years. There both 14. I think its cute.

"Aaron and Maci sitting in a tree, K-I-S-S-I-N-G,"

"SABRINA! People are trying to eat!" exclaims my uncle Ben.

"Sorry." She mutters locking her blue eyes me, that happen to be the same shade as her brothers, their twins, and mouthing the rest of the song, I chuckle.

"Okay, we have to get going. Bye uncle Ben aunt Lilly." I say while putting my plate in sink and rinsing it.

"Bye sweeties! Be good at school! Make new friends!" my aunt Lilly said while giving us each a kiss.

"Drive safe Madison." I cringe at my real name. My dad used to call me that. I just give a small smile and head out the door with Aaron and Sabrina in front of me.

"I call shotgun!"

"I told I wanted shotgun yesterday!"

"That was yesterday!"

"But it still counts!"

"GUYS!" I yell, that seemed to get their attention. "No one gets shotgun. Their, everyone's happy now. To the back and be quiet, so I can focus on driving."

They don't make a sound since they know when I say I need to focus on driving its because I really do. I've been traumatized since my parents and siblings died in a car crash, while I was at a friends house. I shake my head to get rid of those thoughts.

When we get to school-with no accidents-I park my car and lead my cousins to the freshman part of school.

I then head back to the junior area of Meadow Hills High School. I stop by my locker looking for the right books when someone stops right beside my locker, I look up to see that its no other then Noah Smith. A.k.a Mr. Popular, jock, egoistic and super hot, Noah Smith. And also my ex-best friend who I haven't talked to since my families funeral. Well this isn't awkward at all.

"um...hi?"

"Hey," he just smirks at me. Urgh, stupid jerk! "so..um...uh...how was your summer?" How was my summer? How was my summer? How was summer? He has the guts to say that to me after 4 years of bullying, and torture and abandonment, he asks me how was my summer?

"You know exactly how my summer went. You where at my house at least once every 2 weeks with your parents." I put the remaining books in my backpack and slam my locker shut as I begin walking down the hall. I feel a strong hand on my shoulder and look back.