Chapter 3- Sarah

Chapter 3- Sarah

"I am so sorry I thought you were someone else!" I quickly apologize.

The girl just laughs. "No, its fine am Sarah." she sticks out her hand and I shake it.

"I'm Madison but please call me Maddie. Please."

"I understand. Do u mind if I sit with you?"

"Yeah sure."

"So...I saw what you did in Mrs. Mills class. Well you didn't do anything but, uh...you wrote down his nickname. That was really funny."

"Thanks. We used to be best friends then he ditched me for the popular crew," I shrug. "no biggy."

"Oh...am sorry about that."

"That's not even the worst part. After he decided I was un cool, I found my best friend then she had to move across the world. And then-" I stop myself before I tell her my summer story.

"Well my best friend also ditched me for the popular crew, then I found other best friends, their twins." She just shrugged and took a bit out of her sandwich. "So I was wondering, do you want to head to the mall after school? My friends, Dave and Ellie are busy taking care of their mom and I don't think were going to get homework today. And I think we could hang out, you seem really cool." She looked up at me with her brown eyes and smiled.

"I would really like that. I really need to get out of my room and my aunts house, I mean my house." I smiled back at her. She was fidgeting with a piece of her bright red hair.

"Okay. We could take the bus? Or if you have a car? I cant drive."

"Yeah sure I have a car and I could drive not a big deal." Just then the bell rang.

"So what class do you have next Maddie?" She asked me while we cleaning up our table.

"uh," I reach into my bag and grab my schedule. "I have Mathematics, you?"

"Same. Lets go!" She loops an arm around mine and we skip to class. When we arrive in room 209, the math room, were already out of breath. We take a seat next to each and chat about the most random things. Apparently we both like the band Imagine dragons and Macklemore and we both love chocolate and love to read.

The rest of the day was spent talking to Allie and talking notes in every class. By the time the last bell rang I head towards my car where a very happy Aaron was standing and a very sad looking Sabrina.

"Rina what's wrong?" Rina is the nickname I made for her every time she's sad it usually makes her laugh.

Aaron chuckled, "She's mad because this hot guy, who happens to be my new friend, didn't notice her. " That is funny.

"Oh Rina...."

"But he was so hot! Like a God! You should have seen him!"

"Lets go?" asked Aaron.

"Actually am waiting for a friend. Were going to the mall."

"Is she hot?'

"Aaron, she's sixteen and your fourteen. Its never going to happen."

"I was just-" He got cut off by the sound of Sarah's voice.

"Hey guys!"

"Hey Sarah, these are my cousins there both freshman. This is Sabrina, don't mind her she's mad about this guy. And this is her twin brother Aaron."

"Its nice meeting both of you!"

"So, do you have a boyfriend?" asked Aaron out of the blue.

Sarah just laughed. "No I don't. And your too young. But if we were the same age-"

"Aaron just shut up. You too Sarah."

"I think you need a boyfriend, Madison." she giggled along with Aaron and Sabrina.

"Maddie. My names Maddie. M-A-D-D-I-E. Maddie."

"yeah, yeah whatever."

We all got in the car, Aaron and Sabrina got in the back and Sarah got shot gun.

"So do you live with your aunt and uncle?" Sarah asked out of the blue.

I swallowed "uh...yeah." I could tell she wanted me to elaborate but before I could she asked.

"May I ask why?'

"My parents and brother and sister died in a car accident 2 months ago. They were driving and it was raining really hard they couldn't see the car in front of them and the car could see them. They collided and the car exploded. They died immediately."

"oh..." was all Sarah said. "I'm sorry."

"it wasn't your fault." Sarah and I just kept talking while Aaron and Sabrina listened to music.

"Okay, were here. Aaron, Sabrina tell aunt Lilly that me and a friend are off to the mall we should be back before dinner at 6."

"Will do." they both said in sync.Sarah and I just giggled.

"Lets go do some shopping!" Sarah exclaimed

And for the first time in along time. I felt happy. Actually happy. Until I spotted Noah and his friends at the food court where Sarah and I where going to get a smoothie.

Awesome...

-------------