04 - Erasing The Past

William sighs, finally finished with his paperwork. He stands from his seat and takes his briefcase, then walks out from his office. The lights by the lobby are the only ones that are on. No one else has been working overtime but him. He walks pass the cubicles, and even Megan's room, the last room she's occupied before he fired her. He passes by like he doesn't care anymore and ignores his subconscious.

He hears a creak and pauses for a second, but he continues to the lobby and to the elevators. He stands by and waits.

A minute later, he glances at his wristwatch and notices that he's been there too long. William's an impatient man, and he never liked waiting. He pictured himself as an elite person.

He glances up and realizes that the elevators hasn't moved. He groans and pounds his fist on the metal door and walks towards another door. He tries to turn the knob but realizes it's locked.

"Fuck!" he exclaims and walks back, heading to his office.

He reaches in his coat pocket, fishing for his phone and keys. William's rage is noticeable in his face, and he is not happy about anything.

Locked in the middle of the night in his own office floor. He's pissed, and surely, will be firing someone later.

William opens his office door and switches the light on, and with a surprise, he sees his large chair occupied. It's back facing him.

He stops, gazing at the seat. Confusion now all over his face. His heart is pounding, his mind is spoiling cusses and words he want to shout out of his mouth. He's not happy.

"What the hell--" he mumbles and takes two steps forward, and as he does, the chair turns.

Megan has her legs crossed, her elbow leaning on the arm and a smirk plastered on her face. William could barely speak. He's pissed, and amused. But he had Megan's image in his head, dead on the floor.

"Good day, Mr. Eastwood." she speaks up,

William sneers, "What the fuck do you want?"

She stands, "I'm not really good with introductions. But I guess you're worse," she bluffs and takes a pen from his desk.

He's gazing at her, staring even.

"I missed you too." she adds,

William watches her every move,

"Don't you have a gun to point at me? or something to defend yourself?" she asks, "You're the fucking head and you can't even make a move."

"I'll show you a move, something that you'll not be able to wake up to."

"Threatening," she says and frowns, "but not good enough."

William's hands shake as he reaches for the gun behind him, she steps closer. Megan stares back at his eyes.

He tries to grab his gun, but she throws the pen towards him, and lands on his neck. William gasps for air, both his hands in front of him, he pulls the pen off. He glares at her.

He quickly swats his hand behind him to reach for the gun as he steps backwards, but before he could even grab it, he feels a gun's flash suppressor pointed behind him.

His eye glances at the corner, and notices a man behind him. "I'll take that," the man says and takes the gun from his behind,

"Y-y--you mother--fucker-s!" he stutters on his words, still gasping for air. William's bleeding all over his shirt,

Megan's smile widens into a grin, "I'm going to be the last person you'll see, William." she steps forward.

"Goodbye." a blank expression on her face now, she gulps, "It was nice knowing you." she whispers.

"W-wait!" he pleads, "D-don'--t! I--I'll give you y--your job b--back!" he mumbles,

Megan shakes her head, "It's not about the job, William." she replies, "Don't you get it? It's you. It's your stupid domination. It's you thinking so elite, it's you not even thinking." she snickers, "You should've thought about that back then."

"N--no,"

"It's too late," she says,

Chucky's finger pulls the trigger, making William gape. He pulls it two more times, and watches him fall on his knees, hopelessly.

     Megan stares down at him. She closes her eyes and inhales deeply, then exhales, opening her eyes. She glances at Chucky. "Thank you," she says,

Chucky steps toward her and wraps his arm around her waist. He looks down at William, dead on the floor. His hands shook, and his heart's pounding. Megan's voice echoed inside his head, he's staring down. Chucky's never felt like this before, and he felt different.

Like something felt wrong--and partly, right.

* * *

     Megan gracefully sits next to the driver's seat. Her eyes staring straight, she sighs. Chucky glances at her, "What's next?" he asks,

"Andy." she mumbles and glances at him,

Chucky gazes at her, "Andy?"

"Yeah." she sniffs,

"Are you alright?" Chucky asks,

"Yeah." she assures him and looks away,

Chucky glances at the road, "We'll plan about it. Andy can wait." he says, his hands gripping on the wheel.

Megan glances back at him, her elbow leaning on the car door, "Why? Why not now?" she asks,

"It takes a lot of planning. We don't just jump in,"

"I didn't know you plan things before you kill," she replies with a smirk,

Chucky shrugs and snickers, "I know. But I figured it'd be wiser," he says and looks at Megan, "and safer."

"I can handle myself," she snaps,

"I don't want you rotting in jail with me."

"Who said we'll be caught?"

"I didn't say anything like that, but we never know what would happen." he responds with a stern tone, "I just want to be sure with our decisions."

Megan nods once and glances outside the window, "Who are you?" she mumbles,

"What?"

She glances at Chucky, "What happened to the aggressive and jump-to-decisions Chucky?" she asks with a smirk, she's curious yet she's teasing.

He shrugs again, "I don't know. Buried under the ashes."

She chuckles,

"We've put that behind us. We're starting fresh, Prettyface." he says, reaching for her hand. She clasps his, "I don't want my past to ruin this."

She leans close to him, "Who are you, and what have you done to Chucky?"

He smirks and leans in to kiss her, his hand cupping her face. He pulls away, "Trust me on this."