Prologue

Hi! This is my first multi-chapter fic, so please be nice and patient with me!
Disclaimer: I don't own Fairy Tail or the picture
__________________________________

Seven-year-old Lucy Heartfilia ran through the woods, tears streaming down her face. It was her birthday, and she knew for sure now,what she had known all along. Even before her mother's death, their relationship had been strained. All because of those weird tattoos. No- markings. They were markings. Her mother said she had inherited them from one of their ancestors, and that she was the first in their line to have done so. She said that they were part of a lost magic, so whenever she felt strong emotions, they would appear. Her father hated them. He never said it to her face, but she knew that the only reason had let her learn Celestial Spirit magic in the first place was in hope that it would make the markings disappear for good. This evening had been the final straw. She had gone to his study to give him a rice ball and all she had gotten as thanks were harshly spoken words.

"Worthless child. I knew I should have gotten rid of you the moment Layla passed. She was an angel. But you- you're nothing more than demon spawn." The words swirled in her head. "I knew- I knew from the moment I saw those hideous blue tattoos that you were a cursed child. It's your fault Layla is dead!"

Lucy whimpered and shook her head, trying to shut out her fathers voice. It's not true. I know it's not! Mommy said that I was a gift! That's why- that's why I have to find him! The one Mommy told me about! My ancestor- Acnologia!

_________________________________

So that's the prologue folks! Hope you liked it! Please review! But no flames please.