chapter 1

Katniss pov

I was standing next to a black horse that was attached to my chariot. It was peaceful, and i didn't like socializing with the other previous victors anyway.

"Katniss." said Finnick Odair the charming capitol boy who loved to flirt and make a big show of himself.

"Hello Finnick" I said coldly as he walked over to me.

"Do you want a sugar cube? I mean it's supposed to be for the horses but....who cares about them right? They have years to eat sugar, where as you and I...well if we see something sweet we better grab it." He said with a seductive grin across his face holding a sugar cube in front of me, as an offer.

Was this guy for real. A real charmer, i thought sarcastically. "No thanks. But I would love to borrow that outfit someday." I said glancing down at his costume. It was a net bunched strategically at the groin, leaving the rest of him naked.

"You look pretty terrifying in that get-up." he chuckled a his eyes glanced over me."What happened to the little girl dresses?"

"I outgrew them" I said sternly, wanting him to just leave me alone, and try and charm someone else.

"You certainly did." he smirked again, and I gave him a glare, which edged him on. "Shame about this quell thing.....now you, you could have made out like a bandit in the capitol. Jewels, money, anything you wanted."

"Well I don't like jewels, and i have more money then I need... so" i turned back to the horse trying not to look at finnick. But when I glanced back at him and met his gaze, I forced myself to say something, and not just sit there like a dazzeled capitol girl. "What did you do with all your wealth anyway?"

"I haven't dealt with anything as common as money in years." he said arrogantly.

"Well than how do people pay for the pleasure of your company?" I said rolling my eyes.

He looked down and a grin spread across his face as he walked over to me. He leaned in closer so that his lips were only centimeters from my ear. I felt his hot breathe as he whispered "With secrets." Him being so close made me uncomfortable. I turned my head away from him looking back at the horse, knowing I couldn't meet his gaze.

"What about you girl on fire? Any secrets worth my time." he was staring at me, knowing that I was uncomfortable, that's what kept him going. Trying to seduce me, and thinking it was working.

I stared right back at him "I'm an open book. Everyone seems to know my secrets before I know them myself."

"Unfortunately I think that's true." Finnick said. But luckily I saw Peeta coming over. I hoped he would save me from this awkward conversation.

Finnick noticed what I was looking at and quickly whispered to me "I'm sorry you had to cancel your wedding, I know how devastating that must be for you." I was starring at him not understanding how to feel. He placed the sugar cube in his mouth and grinned at me while making a loud crunch. "Have a good day." he said turning

"Peeta" said finnick nodding a hello twoards Peeta as he walked away.

"Finnick." Peeta replied looking at me confused.  "What did he want?"

"To know all my secrets." I laughed. I couldn't help but stare at Finnick as he walked towards his chariot.