Chapter 5

Katniss pov

Finnick just kissed me! He had kissed me! It all had happened so fast but he was gone now.

I shouldn't have asked him if he liked me. I know he does, yet why would he stop kissing me. Then I realized.....Peeta.

I didn't know what to do so I decided just to ignore the whole thing. It would be best to just be with Peeta, with the games coming up and everything.

I couldn't be focusing on Finnick right now. But I was. It felt right with him. Peeta and I were always forced. But this. It was forbidden.

I walked back to twelves floor. Tears streaming down my face. I headed to my room.

"Hey Katniss" I heard a sleepy voice mumble from the living room.

It was Peeta. He was slumped against the sofa with one knee pulled to his chest.

"Were you waiting up for me?" I asked sitting next to him.

"Yeah." He mumbled.

I layed my head on his shoulder. "life can be confusing" I whispered.

"I'm sorry Katniss for whatever I did". He said stroking my hair.

"No it wasn't you. I just needed to think."I said.

I fell asleep resting on him. My eyelids were closing and I heard him whisper. "Night Katniss".

And I felt guilt. I had kissed Finnick and came back to Peeta like nothing had happened.
****
I woke up to find myself lying in my bed. Peeta must have ruled me in last night when I fell asleep.

"Darling darling we have a busy day, things to do, interviews to attend, you must get ready." Effie said walking into my room and placing a card on my bedside table.

"What's that?" I asked looking at the paper she placed, than back at her pale face with gold makeup strewn across it.

"Why it is the schedule for today, now snap, snap." She said snapping her fingers in my face.

I gave her a glare. "Attitude!" She said waltzing out of the room.

I wore my pajamas down to the prep center. There was a line though,Since there was only three washrooms and 24 tributes. Our stylists would call us in when it was are turn.

I sat in the "waiting room" staring at the empty chair across from me. It was soon filled by Finnick. He didn't look at me.

He had his hands folded, and was looking at the tv monitor showing all of the tributes pictures, whith there names and their year of winning.

I wanted to talk to him. But it was so confusing. "Katniss Everdeen" called a loudspeaker.

I entered the prep room ready to be scraped, and made "pretty".