Chapter 10

Chapter 10

Beckett woke up, under a large pile of sheets. She forced her eyes open to come to the fact that she was alone. The other side of the bed was empty. Her heart sank. She had wanted to wake up to that amazing face. She sadly got out of bed and trudged into the living room. There was a loud sizzling sound coming from the kitchen and numerous aromas filling the air. Who was in there? She walked into the kitchen to see a tall, rugged, shirtless man standing over the stove.
Beckett sprinted over to him, wrapping her arms around him and pressing her cheek against his warm back. He jumped at the sudden outburst, but then brought her around to his front, where she still hadn't let go.
"Morning gorgeous." He muttered, kissing her head. Her fingers were interlocked, and she never wanted to let go. She just wanted to hold onto him forever.
"What's wrong?" He asked, putting a foot of space in between them. "I thought you left." She said, closing the space again, and wrapping her arms around his waist. "Please don't leave."
"I won't. I promise." He assured. "But if you don't let go, you don't get food." She immediately let go and peered at the array of food he had made.
"Eggs, bacon, pancakes, toast and hash browns. You name it, I got it all." He smiled, piling a bit of everything on her plate. She glanced at the clock as she was grabbing her plate. It was 6 and she had to be at work in an hour. "Crap!" She exclaimed, shoveling the food in her mouth, and running to her bedroom. She set the plate down, applying makeup, and curling her long hair. She got dressed in jeans, a button up flannel shirt, and a leather jacket.
Rick walked into her bathroom just as she finished zipping up the jacket. "Hey babe, why are you in such a hurry?" He asked. The way he called her babe made her heart flutter. "Gotta get to work." She said, pecking his lips lightly and leaving the bathroom. "I'll drive you." He offered, shrugging,"I've got nothing better to do."
Beckett smiled, "Okay, but you better put on a shirt cause we gotta leave, now."
"Are you telling me that you don't like my body?" He asked jokingly. She walked up to him and looked up at him, tracing a finger along his chest lightly. "We both know that I'm overly fond of you Rick, but it's cold, and if my partners see you, I won't live it down." He sighed and went to her room, grabbing his shirt, and lifting it above his head.
They left her apartment and he drove her to the precinct, where her 2 partners, Ryan and Esposito, were leaning against their car. Oh god, she thought, she would never hear the end of this.