Chapter 1

I looked up at the new unknown building as the car stopped. "Well this is it. Starting next week you'll be able to drive to school once you learn the place." my dad said. "Yeah okay," I said back dryly.(A/N if that's a real word). "Well, um you just go throgh those double doors there, turn left and down the hall there should be the main office.Go in there and a woman will give you everything you need for your classes." he instucted."Got it" and opened the door of the car.

" Be good kiddo."

"Yeah you too."I said and closed the door.I took a deep breathe and walked in the direction he told me to take.

I walked in the office to see a middle-aged red head behind the counter.

" Hi honey, how may I help you?" she asked sweetly.

"Um, yeah I'm Jade the new student here and I was told to come in to get the things I needed for my classes." I explained all at once.

"Oh yeah, you're the new student everyone has been talking about. Well I have everything you need right here." She says while getting out of her chair and getting something out of the file cabinet. "It has your classes, locker number and the serial number you need to open the locker. You will have to memorize the number so we won't have anyone trying to get into your locker." she said while handing me the paper I needed.

"That's everything you need. Welcome to Portland High School."(A/N I don't know if that's a real high school but if it is I hope you won't mind.)" Your first class is on the second floor, room B14. That's English II, Mr. Huntley; your locker number is #246. Have a nice day." she said with a generous smile.

I faked my best smile and said, "Thank you, you too." I turned around and started up the staircase that wasn't to far from the office. I walked down the hall passing different rooms.

B4...B6...B8... B10...B12, and finally B14.

I stood there for a few seconds and counted to 10. I looked on my phone and saw that it was 8:18 a.m. 1st period started 18 minutes ago. 'Great dad, thanks for making me late for first period.' I thought. I took a deep breathe then knocked and opened the door.

As I walked inside the room I see people looking at me from their work . I walked up to the teacher and said,

" Hi, I'm Jade; I just moved here, you're Mr. Huntley?"

"Ah, yes I am.I've heard so much about you. Welcome to English II." He looked around the room, " Oh, you can sit right beside Mr. Styles, last seat in the room."

I followed the direction he pointed, and saw a curly dark-haired boy staring intensively at me. He looks like a bad boy, his looks were dangerous. He had multiple tattoos on his body and a lip ring. 'Yep, he definitely looks like he scares alot of people.' I thought. But at least he's hot.

"Um, sure," I said and started moving to my new seat. I sat down and got myself situated to take notes off of the board. Until I saw someone slide a note on my desk. I got it and looked up to see the boy to my left staring at me smirking. 'Well he looked sexy with that smirk though' I thought. I opened the note and it read, 'Hey babe, meet me by the stairs at 4th period... ;) -H'I ball the paper up and rolled my eyes. I put the paper down on my desk so I can throw it away when it's time to leave.I look over at the boy to see him looking quite angry. I guess that was supposed to scare me but trust me, I've seen things far worse then an expression. I scowled at him and turned to get started with my work. I just got finished writing our homework assignment that's due Friday.We had to write a two page essay about Shakespere's Romeo and Juliet. I looked at my phone and noticed it was almost time for the bell to ring.

I started to pack up my things and once I was done the bell rang. So I quickly left so that boy wouldn't get to friendly. Not that I'm scared or anything, I just don't feel like being bothered. On my way to second period looking down at my feet, I bumped into someone hard and fell. I apologized while looking down then I heard a deep raspy voice say, "It's okay babe." I shook my head and pushed past the boy that was in my first period class. I don't know his name, all I know is his last name is Styles.