Chapter 2, Year 1956, Date: 8/19/59

I Iris, sat in church, it was a Sunday (my favorite day of the week), Supposedly there was supposed to be a new family today in their small church in the small town of Ohio. As the doors were kicked open and a dirty looking boy came in, that desterved the church service, I knew right away he was a bad boy. Although the parents were very kind hearted and told him off, I knew by the smirk on his face, he didn't care much about church, that just made me mad. But of course he sat beside me, and all service he annoyed me. When the service was over there was a stray cat walking in front of the church (It's tail was missing) he walked up to it and kicked it, I ran up to, tears rolling down my face, "WHY DID YOU DO THAT, the poor thing." I stated as picking the cat up, "Who cares." he said then sticked his tongue out and chuckled and ran off and drove off with his parents. My parents told me I could keep the cat, his (I thought he was a him) I named Whiskers. At the time I was 10 years old, 5 years later. The year 1961, all the girls in the town were in love with all those hip bands such as Dion. But I just loved "The Contours: Do you love me". Rick was even worse than he was when he first stepped into that church. I remember one in particular moment, where I was at the dinner like always, on a hot august like it was that day, Rick came walking in all leather, and with his black hair gleaming, "Hey you, Lucy?" he told me, "Um, my names Iris." All of a sudden he gave me a nickel and told me to put it in the Jukebox, and said "Pick a song." in a direct voice, The song was a simple one "Build me up buttercup, by The foundations". He got up and started dancing, I chuckled and sat down and ordered a slide of french fries and a vanilla shake, Exactly 36 cents. He told the waitress, I will pay and payed the bill, Wow I thought, Has he changed? But when I went outside to say thanks, he was smoking. I walked off, wondering if I could change his dirty ways for the best, I knew it wasn't my job to judge, we learned about it last Sunday at church, but I just had to. But how?