Chapter 7: Las Vegas Misfortune

As we drove into Las Vegas Nevada, I could tell what nightmare this could be, the song "Last kiss" played on the radio, rick Slammed on the radio, I could tell he hated the song, and turned the station off. I found a verse that I really enjoyed from my little orange bible that Sherry bought me "Blessed are they that mourn: for they shall be comforted." I marked the page with a red pen that was almost dead, from writing in my journal that Betty's Aunt gave me that felt so long ago. I started to cry. "WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOU!" Rick screamed at me, "I wanna go home Rick, please take us home." I pleaded, "I'M SORRY I CAN'T DO THAT." then I felt a chill down my spine. As we past the Welcome to Las Vegas sign, I wasn't excited as some people would be. The first stop rick told us to stay in the car and he told the radio and left us in the car "It's my party" played, and me and Betty, lipped singed and danced, and had a great time. Two hours later, Rick came jerking the door open and yelling at us, I could tell he was drunk. Me and Sherry stop dancing and fell back to are sad dull moods. I just wished I could live a normal life. Rick bought a run down house and three years later, 1970, brought an even worse year of troubles. Rick Changed our names again Mine was Julie Anne, and Betty's was Susan Muffle. As we drove through Las Vegas, the song "I'll be around". I wasn't using that red pen know more, it was long dead, I used a lush blue pen now, to feel my pain of the blues. "So, Julie Anne, What did you write about in your little journal about me?" Joe said (Rick's new name) "Well Joe, your the hero." I said with a smile and me and Susan knew what I was talking about. "Wow, Thanks girls." We stopped another casino, and Joe left us like always. "Boogie Nights" me and Susan danced to on the radio. About four hours went bye, and soon a police car pulled up to the casino, Joe supposedly got so drunk he started a bar fight. He snuck out the back door and got in half out by the drunkenness inside of him, he speeded off and were off to California. I looked in my small torn orange bible, "He that covereth his sins shall not prosper: but whoso confesseth and forsake them shall have mercy." -Proverbs 28:13, All of a sudden the car swerved and we almost crashed, "JOE, please let me drive and you sit in the passenger side." Susan protested, "NO!" He screamed and slapped her on the face, he turned the radio up so high you could not here nothing, the song was "Tired of being lonely", and we started back up making are ways to California.