Chapter One: "Don't. Fight them. Do you hear me?"

*Not my photo, I just found a hare online and had some fun in Gimp with it*

    "Teo!" I perked my ears and froze. "Teofilo! Where are you?" It was Momma. I ran at full speed back to our home and had to skid to a halt when I almost ran into her. 

    "I'm here, Momma," I giggled. 

    "Oh, Teo," She sighed and shook her head. "What have you been up to?" 

    My ears flattened, and my head lowered. "Um...Nothing much," I said in my most innocent voice. 

    Momma frowned. "Really? Teofilo, I know you by now. Tell me, or you won't get your berries of the day," she said sternly.

Earlier

    I was running around the forest, exploring. Suddenly, I heard a rustle in the bushes nearby. What the? I trotted over to the bush and stuck my head in it. Not the smartest idea, I know. I swung my head out when a rabbit leaped at me, growling. "WHAT THE-" I backed up as quickly as I could. The rabbit pulled back like it was ready to launch, and snarled at me. It had dirty, unwashed, tangled fur all over its body. It looked practically starving, and I could see white stuff around its mouth. It had weird eyes, too. It was pure black, no white, but it also had a dot of crimson red in the center. Was that its eye? Or was it bleeding?

    The rabbit sprung at me, and I instantly shifted out of its way. I started to back up, and the rabbit just crept toward me. I could see it pulling back again, about to leap. Just punch him, it'll be easy. I lifted up my left hoof, ready to fight back. The rabbit jumped, and I immediately rose to my hind legs. I slammed it with both feet, sending him back pretty far. Then I ran as far as I could to the Blueflower Meadow, the dry leaves crunching under my hooves. I didn't look back to see if the rabbit was chasing me, but I'm sure I may have knocked him out.

Now

    "You mean a Demon attacked you?" Momma panicked, pacing around like she does when she's worried. 

    "A Furor? What are you talking about?" I tilted my head to the side, confused. 

    Momma stopped and lowered her head, looking straight at me."You said black and red eyes, right? White stuff around the mouth?" 

    "Yeah...Why would that mean Demon?"

    "Oh my goodness, Teo...Doesn't The Elder teach to you fawn anything these days?" she sighed and shook her head. Momma stood straight up and sniffed, listening carefully. "Teofilo, I need you to stay here. I'm going to tell Milu about this. However, if any more rabbits like that come here, I need you to run as far away from our home as possible. Don't. Fight them. Do you hear me?" she snapped, and I nodded.

    She pushed me down with her hoof, and I flattened to the grass. I watched her gallop toward Milu's Marsh and stood up once she was out of sight. If Demons are coming, I will fight them.