American

I am not African American.

I'm just American.

I was not born in a country 8,766 miles away.

I was not raised in a country where a girl of my color could be rapped in the street and there would be no penalty. Where Black people are murdered and pillaged out in the open.

Instead I was born in a city 243 miles away. I was raised in a country where a girl of my color can be judged by the way she looks and by the way her features lay.

Where Blacks still make less pay, where Black people are defiled out in the open but shut behind closed doors.

I am not African American.

I'm just American.

On specialized test they don't ask White people if they're European American but they ask Black people if they're African American. Spanish people if they're Latin or Hispanic American and Japanese and Chinese people if they're Asian American.

I live in a place where people are uncomfortable using the words "racist, segregation and separation." But are comfortable acting them out.

When people of color stay silent on the issue it causes white power and colored obedience.

When white people stay silent on the issue it causes white tolerance and colored plunder.

And when I say colored I mean Asian, Black, Hispanic, Latino, Filipino and many others that I can't fit one sheet of paper.

I'm not saying White people are the devil. I'm saying White people are colored too, just another shade.

But they are treated better because their skin porcelain, they're pure.

I am not African American.

I'm just American.

I believe they ask for race on a specialized test so they'll already have it in their minds what'll make on whatever the test is about. When my race has nothing to do with my brain, heart or internal organs and that's where they mess up.

Don't ever insult or underestimated my intelligence!

And by they I mean whoever it is that has this desperate need to air shows on television about finding love in 8 weeks.

Whoever it is that believes men of color are best ignorant and women best naked.

Whoever believes that beauty sells in those expansive magazines where people are flashed without a flaw.

And by then mean whoever believes that because of my race that I am meant to be stuck between the lines of poverty and poor.

I mean whoever believes that by the time I'm dead my name wont be in a history book.

I am not African American.

I'm just American.
------------------------------------------------------
Drop the mic 🎤